Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Is it September yet?

So kids, do you know what today is? Let me give you a hint. Duuum dum da duuum. Yep, it's exactly 4 months until the wedding. 16 weeks from this very moment, the guests will be seated and my bridesmaids will start their decent down the isle of St. Pauls Greek orthodox Church. And I will be at the back of the Church, trying not to pass out. My knees are knocking just thinking about it. I will be clutching onto my Dad's arm for dear life and trying not to throw up in my mouth. How am I going to make it all the way down the isle in one piece?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about nerves or second thoughts here. I'm talking about the sheer excitement and disbelief that the day is finally almost upon me when I get to marry "the one." Sometimes I think life is playing a trick on me. Fi and I went out for dinner and drinks last night and were talking about this. How is it that we are so blessed have amazing friends, incredible families and extrordinary men? That's three out of three! I didn't think it exsisted, but I guess the jokes on me. Because here I am, about to marry a guy that means more to me than I ever thought possible.

So, 122 days from now, it's on like donkey kong. I don't know how I'm going to keep myself from bawling from the moment I wake up. Can you imagine? I'm crying all the way down the isle, through the ceremony, in all the photos...lol. Ok, it won't be that bad, but I will be teary for a good portion of the day. You have to understand, it's not like I just met this guy. It's not as if we dated for three years and got along pretty well and figured "I guess we should get married now." No, it's nothing like that. This is MATT! This is the guy that has been in my life in some way or another since I was in the 8th grade. He's seen me make all my mistakes. He's seen me at my best and my worst. We have history. And after 17 years of us being in each others lives....we're going to be married. It's as if it's all been leading up to this....and I couldn't ask for anything more.

2 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheers to you and Matt! You both deserve all the best!!!!!

Lanie

 
At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you guys! I would marry you guys!
ILYFR! PS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home