Friday, April 21, 2006

Picking sides

Access Hollywood reports on the crappy way American Idol put Taylor in a very awkard postion on Wednesday. Incase you didn't catch it, Ryan Seacrest asked him to join the group he thought would be safe. Taylor pretended to join one group but then faked them out, joining the correct “safe” group instead. Here's what they had to say:

"Don’t think Taylor picking the 'safe' group was of his own accord. During the commercial break, Executive Producer, Nigel Lythgoe, filled Taylor in on the fake-out handshake to Chris Daughtry and which group to choose. It turns out Nigel doesn’t know who is going to be eliminated. He is kept in the dark until the very end. The only thing he knows is which three contestants are in the bottom three."

What a totally crappy thing to do. Man, AI has these contestants by the balls (so to speak.) Is it all really worth it? Besides Kelly Clarkson, who has really made it? I guess Carrie Underwood is doing well in the country market, but I'm not a fan of country, so I can't confirm that.

I still think Taylor is going to go a long way in this competition. I think his crazy dancing and Joe Cocker-esque vibe is refreshing and from the heart. I'm glad Ace is gone...I'm sorry, but it was time. He was all fluff and no stuff. I hate to say it, but I think Elliot might be next. I really like him, but I don't think he's ready for it all. Chris is still one of my favorties and I have to admit, I do kinda have the Mcphever.

8 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paris, Paris, Paris.

 
At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SAY IT AIN"T SO! I don't want to see Elliot go! I just love him, I hope it makes it! I love your blog! Keep up the good work!

Lanie

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Gina said...

ok Lanie, if Elliot is going to stay, you need to get on the phone and vote. I know it's wrong to think that he might be going home, but it's getting down to the wire, and I don't think that he's going to make it too much longer.

But no matter what happens, he's going to have connections and have a pretty good shot of doing his thing.

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Gina said...

Jesse-I agree, Paris is incredible. She's just so young..do you think she can handle it all?

 
At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have 4 words for you...

Ricky Martin in Menudo!

(he's like totally normal now, saving kids in India and shit!)

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Gina said...

yea, you're right. If Ricky can be normal after all that...

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lanie, I am with you! I love Elliot too!! Do you think we'll have to actually start voting?

Fiona

 
At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's time to blow up the phone lines Fiona! Elliot has got to stay and Pickler has got to go! You are right Gina, I think I will be voting this week! :)

Lanie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home