Monday, April 17, 2006

Happy Easter

I can hardly believe that it's the 3rd week in May 2006. Where did the time go? It seems like the older I get, the faster it all whizzes by.

Yesterday Matt and I spent a lovely day at his parents home in Beaumont. We had a delicious meal and enjoyed spending some time together. His family is so great and I love that we all get along so well. This photo was taken before we ate. And surprisingly, before we opened the wine.

I wore my hot pink shoes.
Don't they look pretty against the green grass?







My Easter (Greek Orthodox) isn't until next Sunday, so I have to "fast" this week. For us, this means no meat for an entire week. Um, just incase you don't get it, that's hard. We're Greek. Meat is like air to us. But of course it's a symbolic gesture and I'm happy to do it. But once Sunday, April 23rd is here, I can look forward to our annual "Easter Sunday Bar-B-Que." This is where my Dad bar-b-ques up some delicious ribs, lamb, chicken etc and my Mom makes amazing dishes to go with it. Our family gathers together and has a fun afternoon/evening of eating, smashing red eggs, drinking wine/beer and of course celebrating Easter.

Until then, I will be eating a lot of Pasta Bravo and greek salads from "The Whole Pita" over by South Coast Plaza. Have you eaten there? It's on Bristol and Sunflower next to Red Robin and Carls Jr. It's run by a Greek family and their food is pretty good. It doesn' hold a candle to my Mom and Dads cooking, but then again, what could? I recommend the chicken souvlaki combo with salad and balsamic vinegarette dressing. That dressing keeps me up at night it's so good. Ask for Nick and tell him I sent you.

1 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys are so cute together. Thanks for Saturday night. We had a blast planning all the trips we will take!--Lanie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home