Monday, January 23, 2006

Last Holiday

The days are so full and they seem to just go rushing by. Before you know it, it's been 2 weeks, or a month. To put a stop to this, my girlfriends and I all went the movies. We decided on a matinee so we could save a few buck. Image my horror when we got there, and the "bargin" time slot was $7.50! Talk about inflation! Anyway, we bought our tickets and wondered inside to settle in for Queen Latifa's new movie "Last Holiday." Ok, so it was no "Munich" or "Syriana." But that's the point. We wanted something light hearted and fun that we could just veg out to. It was a perfect pick. It was a light hearted movie, but completely lame. It was well written and Queen Latifa was great. She always comes across as so genuine and I like that about her. Plus, LL Cool J was in it, and that boy is fiiine! We left the theater feeling relaxed, happy and optimistic about life. After all, we weren't going to die in 2 weeks, and that's always a good thing.


After the movie, all seven of us hit "Karl Strauss" for some pitchers of Woodie Gold, some cocktails and some grub. If you've never been there, Fiona and I highly recommend the "avocado beef rolls." They're a little piece of heaven. We had such a great time just hanging out and catching up. The only thing that was missing was Moe! She's in Arizona and couldn't be there, but she was definitly there in spirit!

It's amazing what kind of friends I have. I won't get all sappy on you, but they have been my girls for the past 7 1/2 years, and there has never been a time when I didn't feel like I could go to anyone of them to lean on. And vice versa. There's never been any kind of fights, drama, jealousy or anything like that. We've always supported each other and ALWAYS have so much fun together. These are the friends I will grow old with and I couldn't be happier about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home