Friday, January 20, 2006

Aint Karma a bitch!

Are you watching "My name is Earl?" If you're not, you don't know what your missing. (Thursday night at 9pm on NBC.) I have to watch it on live tv because my TiVo is doing double duty with "CSI" and "The OC." That's how much I like this show. I tolerate commercials! It's well written and keeps things simple. No fancy stunts, gimmics or big fancy car chases. Just Earl, trying to redeem himself for all the crappy things he's done in his life. He's on the karma kick because he heard Carson Daley say that his "success is a direct result of doing good things for other people" So now he want to right all his wrongs in hopes of living a better life.

The cast is perfectly put together. They all have their own personalities that make this show so funny. I love Jason Lee! A long time ago I went to "Pageant of the Masters" with my family and he was there with some skanky looking chick. Ok, she wasn't entirely skanky, but he could have done so much better. He looked exactly like he does in his movies (Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, Almost Famous.) You know how sometimes you see a celebrity in real life and they look nothing like you thought they would? Well not Jason. He looks like him. He was very mellow and kept to himself, not drawing any attention. (not like the other people there were partying it up with Jello shots and jaguar Bombs.) Infact, I don't know that anyone else knew who he was. I suppose the crowd at Pageant isn't the same demographic that would find "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back." (I love both!)

Can you believe the guy Jason Lee is talking to here is Jon Favreau??? Yes, that Jon Favreau. Is he staring in the same movie as Jared Leto and playing the same character? I saw him on Carson Daley (pure coincidince with the Carson D running theme) and I couldn't believe it. It looked like Jon Favreau ate Jon Favreau. And Vince Vaughn while he was at it.


What's going on JF? Swingers (cocktails first. questions later) is one of my all time favorite movies (best when watched with Fi) and yes, I know that movie was a long time ago, but you are barely recognizable now. You look just plain uncomfortable. I'm concerned about you. What do you say you and me hit Bally's and do a little circuit training. It will be good for both of us. "I don't want you to be the guy in the PG-13 movie everyone's 'really' hoping makes it happen. I want you to be like the guy in the rated R movie, you know, the guy you're not sure whether or not you like yet. You're not sure where he's coming from. Okay? You're a bad man. You're a bad man, Mikey. You're a bad man, bad man." I'm saying all this only because I love you Jon Boy. And no matter what size you are, I will always think your totally money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home