Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I dream about these things...

I'm so excited to go to London in May. I have submitted my paper work to get my green card change so that it shows my married name. It's kind of a waiting game at this point. I got a letter saying they received my application and money, so that's a good first step. Now I have to wait for another letter that will give me the date and time for my biometrics appointment. This is where they will take my finger prints etc.

So, thinking about my trip to London, I realized there are some things that I need to buy before I go. Things that I will need in order to be prepared for my travels. And here they are:

Bose noise canceling headphones, $299.00
I don't know that I could bring myself to spend this much on headphones, but they would be a great investment.

When traveling on a plane for 10 1/2 hours, the best thing you can do is sleep. I have a tough time with that because of the different noises in the cabin. These range from the guy 2 rows up snoring to the kid behind you kicking your seat and screaming at the top of his lungs that he wants his Pokemon game.

The other big noise annoyance is the sound of the plane itself. It's a low humming that is constant and the volume of the air swirling around the cabin can give me a headache. I know that sounds ludicrous, but it's the truth. It sounds like you're going through a wind tunnel, and 10 hours of that is not fun.

Pamela Barsky Luggage Tags, $12 for 6 of them.
I usually just tie a color ribbon to the handle of my case, but these will make it even easier to find my suitcase in the sea of black.

Plus, it will let people know that my bag isn't their bag.





Ray Ban Aviators, $99.00

Ok, so I have these in black already, but gold just reeks of international adventures.



Jules Smith, $247.00 I do realize that I have already posted this delicious necklace in "things I'm lusting over" but this is a perfect piece to wear during my whole trip.

It's fun and funky and cheeky and also kind of feminine and sexy, so I wouldn't have to bring a ton of jewelry with me and decide what I was going to wear every day.






Christian Dior Frames, $250.00

See above






Eugenia Kim $215.00
Calm down, I know it's totally overpriced for a hat. But what you have to understand is that Eugenia Kim is kind of a legend in the hat world.

They are beautifully made, fit like a dream and are flattering on almost anyone. The pattern is festive and is a perfect hat to wear while wondering the streets of London, cruising Camden Town and noshing on some fish and chips.


Steve Madden Bregatta, $175.00
I heat this bag so much for many different reasons.

It's a classic camel color, which is timeless. It's got great hardware, which makes it visually stimulating. And it's roomy without being out of control huge. It even has a long strap so you can wear it as a messenger bag if you want. This would be my perfect carry on bag. Sleek, stylish and plenty of space for my Ipod, book and all the other stuff I like to lug around with me.

Gap, $198
This is a gorgeous leather jacket. It's not your usual black run of the mill. Not that there is anything wrong with that, because of course there isn't. Every woman should own a black leather jacket.

But this is something special. It's soft and buttery and the color is calming and classic. I like the fact that it looks like it's been worn in already and has some history behind it. Love it!


Mac Cosmetics, $50
This travel set of brushes is perfect for traveling.

It has everything In need without having to bring the kitchen sink.



Inhabit, $84.99
A warm cashmere scarf is a must as it can get quite crisp while walking to the bus station.

I like the color of this one because it reminds me of toffee.



Whew! I guess that's kind of a lot of things huh?

Too bad I'm not having a birthday or Christmas or winning the lotto before I leave on my travels.

I would love love love to have all the things I talked about above because I really think they would make this fabulous trip perfect!

But let's talk reality shall we? I can't go out and buy all this stuff. So I will have to pick just a couple of items.

But which ones will make the cut? Which are absolutely necessary for me to have in my sticky lttle hands before I board that flight in 3 months?

Ok, maybe not necessary for me to have, more like which ones I love the most.

Decisions, Decisions....

4 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey babe,
My vote is the noice cancelling headphones. Everything else, you can find with your incredible eye for fashion in quarter of the price knock offs.
Oh and I vote for the glasses too. Those are awesome.
Plus you have an amazing wardrobe and accessories selection. Just think everyone in London has not seen it yet!
The Kincaid necklace is a must!
Love you for reals!
ACFOREVER!
Fi

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Gina said...

Thanks for your input Fi. I think you're right about the headphones.

The Kincaid necklace?

I'm drooling over the bag and the hat...and the scarf....

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Gina said...

oh, and ILYFR too AC!

 
At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you will be taking your ipod to London! Maybe you can upload some cool British toons while you are there and share with me when you get back! :)

Lanie :)

Go IPOD!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home