Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Reunited and it feels so good



I love me some No Doubt. My favorite albums are the older ones like Beacon Street where their ska sound was the most juiced up.

And if you read this blog from time to time, you know that I worship Gwen.

So you can imagine how happy I was when MTV News talked to No Doubt's guitarist, Tom Dumont, this past weekend, and he had this to say of the band's plans to reunite in the near future.

The No Doubt guitarist told MTV News that the band's new material could be out by 2008. "[Guitarist] Tony [Kanal] and [drummer] Adrian [Young] and I have been writing music for the next No Doubt album, to be ready when we resume to record with [singer] Gwen [Stefani]," Dumont said.

Sweet! Way to go Gwen. She could have easily hosed them and said "screw you, I'm doing flippin' sweet as a solo artist, I don't need you anymore." But no, she's going back to her roots and is going to bust out another ND album. Does this mean they're going to tour? Please let them tour!!

Gwen is in concert in June at Irvine Meadows and I'm you can bet your bottom dollar that I'm going. (Yes, I know it's called Verizon Ampitheater now, but I'm old school, and it will always be Irvine Meadows to me.) (Just like the Honda Center will always be The Pond.)

2 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you like Gwens solo albums?
I can't wait for the new NoDoubt record! I feel like a little kid waiting for Santa.
-Michele

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Gina said...

I do like her solo stuff, but I think the magic that happens when she's with No Doubt is something that can't be duplicated or outdone.

Come on Santa, hurry up!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home