Thursday, September 21, 2006

Mayer has one too

Did you know that John Mayer has a blog? I was reading it today and came across this:

"Good evening... Just came back from an unbelievable day and night. Continuum is out. And as proud of it as I am, I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel a 12-song hole in my heart...

I understand completely what it must be like to give birth to a child and miss the 9 months that it was solely between the mother and the unborn...

My experience with this CD was had before it went to print; the late night drives home with CDRs in the player, experiencing these songs for the first time. What a beautiful time I had. I hope more than anything that you can hear it.

I love being an artist. I love growing into the role.
I love what I was (Room For Squares), what I was becoming (Heavier Things), and what I now am (Continuum). I love you, my fans, for allowing me to grow. You've pushed the boundaries, not me. I feel like a boxer in a huddle on the way into the ring and you all are keeping the mob away. This record is for you now."

Call me a romantic, but I just thought that was so beautifully written. Especially the last paragraph. I love me some John Mayer. I have his 2 previous albums mentioned above and have also seen in concert (with Maroon5 opening...hello! That was an awesome show!)

He's a funny guy too. Did you ever see his special where he got inside of a bear suit (or something similar) and cruised the tailgaters in the parking lot of his show? He would go up to these unsuspecting people and ask them when they think of so-and-so song just to get an honest answer out of them. It was pretty funny. I'm going to pick up is new album and check it out. I know it will be just as good as his previous ones.

He's playing with Sheryl Crow on September 27th at Irvine Meadows (I refuse to call it Verizon Wireless blah blah blah.) I want to go so baaaad! I'm scouting out some tickets on Ebay as we speak, but they have really jacked up the prices. Am I going to place any bids...yes. Yes, I am. What can I say? He's worth it.

2 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gilove,
As you know, I have those to albums too and share your love for the Mayer. Thank you for turning me on to his blog and let me know how his new cd is. Rather can I come over and listen to it with you?
Love you!
Fi
We're going, right?

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Gina said...

You can come over anytime and listen to the cd. Or any cd for that matter;) Or, how about we take a road trip and listen to it on the way...

We will be at his show next week, even if we have to sit on the lawn (hypothetically speaking. We will NOT be sitting on the lawn.) But I will find us tickets and we will be there. I'm trying to find four tickets so Berkeley and Sassy can join us too. Keep those fingers crossed!

ILYFR!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home