Thursday, September 21, 2006

Matchy Match

Check us out. This is my posse. These are the down ass chicks that I can proudly call my bitches. There is one missing, Chantal, but she had to sit this one out because she is pregnant but she was there in spirit.

We're gathered at a homeless shelter in Arizona where we volunteered our services for the day. We prepared the lunches, dished out grub and lots of smiles and conversation. And you'd be lying if you said we didn't look fly.


What's that you say? It seems like we're all wearing matching t shirts? Well, that's because we are! This was on the second day of my awesome bachelorette party. That's right. We're the group that gives back. Oh, don't get me wrong, there was plenty of scandalous activity that weekend (that necklace that I'm wearing has little tiny penises on it..oh yea..that's right!) but we balanced it out with this good deed.

Anyway, back to the t shirts. My very good friend Lanie made them for us. On the front, the top left says G.W.A. in old english (because that's how she rolls.) On the back in big old english letters it says "Girls Weekend Away." And she's not messing around. She hand made each of these shirts and stenciled each letter on there herself. The Beastie Boys love her because she's crafty!

I love her because she is a kick ass homey. We've been friends since the 7th grade and we will be friends until we're old and wrinkled. This photo was taken during our senior year (I think..is that right Lanie? Was this taken at Eunice's house?)

Look at our expressions. We were serious homeskillets. What's up with my eyebrows? They resemble something you'd find on Bert or Ernie. But notice the hoop earings and dark lipstick. I was rockin' it, even then.

Lanie looks like she's going kill a man. She always gave the best cold blooded stare. Luuucky. We were probably listening to our Ice-T Bodycount tape in the Cougar. We look like we're ready to take of business. We were so bad ass in our matching Addidas jackets. We lived in those things. The only thing we wore more than those jackets were our flight jackets. I loved my flight jacket. I still have it and am thinking of bringing it back. Who's with me?

5 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved this blog. Thank you for sharing Lanie with us! She's an awesome person.
And I will totally rock the flight jacket with you!
Love you!
Fi

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Gina said...

I'm happy to share Lanie with everyone. She's just too good to keep all to myself.

I knew you'd rock the flight jacker with me. You're such a good friend. And I know you can rock it big time! Let's get Eva a little baby one...LOL! That would be so cute!

 
At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gina! You are so sweet and such an awesome person! Your blog brought me to tears! Thank you for being such a great friend and being my homey! You made my day with your blog entry. We look so hard core in that picture. We were such ganstas then!

And Fiona, thanks for that. I am so glad I got to meet you. I really enjoy your company and I can't wait until the next time we get to hang out! Game night anyone? :)

Love you guys,

Lanie

 
At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am totally with you on the flight jacket. "Bringing it back" (sung in a sing song manner like Friend-E-Oh-Ho!) LOL

Lanie

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Gina said...

Lanie-YOU are an awesome person. I'm glad I made your day:) I hope you realize what a wonderful person you are and how many people love you.

Friend-e-oh-ho! Wearin-our-flight-jackets! Bringin-it-ba-aaack! LOL!

See you at dinner on Tuesday! ANd game night fo sho!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home