Monday, August 28, 2006

Happy 31 candles to me

It's my birthday (woot woot!) and I am officially kind of old. 31. That's no spring chicken. But I'm loving my 30's. Much more than I thought I would.

I woke up this morning and Matty had taped a happy birthday banner with a 3 and 1 candle to my bathroom mirror....so cute. What a great way to start my day. Then I walked out to my car and Fi had left GORGEOUS flowers and a Happy Birthday balloon on my car. Eva left me a Nemo balloon. It feels so good to be so loved.

I'm still coughing like it's going out of style. It would probably help if I could have a few days off from doing everything and anything.

Friday night was Pageant of the Masters with Matt, Shane and Fi and it was awesome. Our seats were great and the "art" was insane. The theme was all about love, romance and marriage..pretty appropriate, don't you think?

Saturday night was my Hen night. This is what they call a bachelorette party in England. My sisters and Mom arranged a night out with my female family members and friends. There were about 20 of us and it was wild. We had a stretch excursion (or something like that) and drank A LOT of alcohol. I don't remember much, except mass bottles of Dom Perion, lots of dancing, a VIP booth at Tentations and my shot glass necklace never being empty. Of course it was a very late night (around 4am.)

On Sunday Matt and I had to get up early (ouch) the next morning to go to Church (forgive me for I have sinned.) It was Nicolas' first communion, so as the Godparents, it was very important that we were there. Later that day, Fi and I went to the Block and got massages at Burke Williams. It felt good, but I guess getting a massage when you're sick makes you more sick? Good times.

Tonight my family entourage (20 peeps) and I are going to Joes Crab Shack to celebrate my birthday. I have decided to pass on going to Temecula tomorrow. I need to stay still for 5 seconds.

Wedding is FIVE days away. Please God let me feel better by then. No one wants to see (or be!) a bride who is hacking and coughing up a lung and constantly blowing her nose. Keep those fingers crossed!

6 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Blogger Erik said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!*!*!*!%!^&$)(!!

 
At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Gene, from Finney. Or was to Finney from Gene. I can't remember, Anyways, Happy Birthday Homeslice. Love ya!

Lanie

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Gina said...

Thanks Erik @*#@*#*@*#*@*@*#*

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Gina said...

Lanie-Thanks Homeskillet!

I think I was Gene and you were Finney. No wait, your Mom called me Gene but I was Finney. I have no idea. That was a lot of birthdays ago:)

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger j-dō said...

Happy birthday Gina!

It sounds like you are having a memorable last *single* birthday.

-jen-

 
At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg, I'm late, but you're getting married so i'm sure this being late is the last thing you're thinking about, but Happy beeeeelated Birthday!

A nemo balloon and a husband in the same week, not too shabby girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home