Friday, August 25, 2006

The Prognosis

I went to the doctor yesterday. Why is it that no matter what time I go, I'm always waiting for an hour before he sees me? Anyway, he broke the news to me that I have the big B. No, not bridezilla syndrome. Bronchitis. Good times. That explains the hacking up a lung every five seconds. He gave me my Zpack so I'm already on the road to recovery. He also gave me cough syrup with codeine (ahh, the good stuff!) but I have to go back to the pharmacy to get that. It's a long story as to why, so let me try to be as brief as possible.

I went to Sav-on on Irvine Avenue and 17th Street to drop off my prescription. They are switching over to becoming a CVS so they had new computer systems. They chick helping me was a dumb ass and took 45 mins to enter my two prescriptions into the system. I was so annoyed and frustrated and this feeling came over me of pure anxiety and anger. I had to leave before I did something I could get arrested for. I felt my eyes well up because I was sick, I just wanted my meds and this person couldn't figure it out. Thankfully she got it in the computer and I could go. She told me to come back in an hour to pick it up. I looked at her with my eyes blazing and took a deep breath. "You mean an hour in addition to the 45 minutes I have been standing here?" I'm not usually such a bitch, but I needed my Z pack asap. She told me to come back at 5:30pm and it would be ready.

I went home and took a shower so I would feel a little refreshed before my dress fitting. You know when you're sick and you get clammy and sweaty...yuck. I'm supposed to meet my Mom at 6:00 so I get to Sav-on at 5:30pm on the nose. There's a line to pick up prescriptions so I patiently wait my turn. When they call me up, she looks at me and says "only one is ready." Are you kidding me right now? She told me it would just be a few minutes because they were filling the prescription at that very moment.

So I stood to one side for a few minutes....which turned into 10 mins. I walked back up to the counter and asked if she had it ready. She looked me square in the face and said "oh, I entered the wrong strength when I put it into the computer, so you'll have to come back tomorrow." Suddenly, I felt this trembling inside of me that sacred me. I was so annoyed and pissed off at that moment. Thank God the Z pack was done right so I paid for it and stormed off.

It's because of this sole experiance that I will never go to that Sav-on again. I don't care if I'm dying and they are the only pharmacy that has the cure. If I had Lanie's strength and commitment, I'd ban all Sav-ons, but I'm just not as good as her. Maybe one day.

For now, I will be going to Target to get my prescriptions filled. And I encourage you to do the same.

6 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you had such a bad experience. I think you will be happy with Target. They are not necessarily quick or available around the clock, but they're never real busy and have always given me exactly what I needed. Maybe it's just the cool red bottle with the-color-of-your-choice-designer ring!
Feel better honey!
We are sending positive vibes your way!
Love you! Fi

 
At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On my honor, I will never have a prescription filled at Sav-on, CVS or whatever the hell their name is! Maybe they should pick a name---it could possibly end all the confusion their workers have! Hope you feel better.

Lanie

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Gina said...

LOL...Thanks for the support homeslice. I knew I could count on you:)

 
At 1:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know a pharmacy on Newport Blvd, where for a slip of a few bills, you can get anything you want! Don't ask how I know, I just do.

Uggg, I'm so sorry you're sick. I'm sure it's 99% stress and running around. SLEEP BRIDE SLEEP!

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Gina said...

Jesse- I'm intrigued...does this pharmacy have a magic potion to also make me 30lbs lighter?

I can't wait to see you on Saturday!

 
At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gina, you don't need any potion! You're going to look slamming banging hot, but in like a formal wedding sorta way, so I guess not banging, well maybe later on the honeymoon you can look banging hot, but you get my drift, so to sum up, I know you'll be beautiful come saturday, as long as Pam Anderson didn't help you pick out the dress.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home