Thursday, August 24, 2006

Update

I'm still sick. Coughing, wheezing, sweating, shivering, the whole nine yards. Good times on that. Tina gave me some halls cough drops and they are so gnarly. I feel like I have an igloo in my throat. I don't know what flavor they are, but they're blue and every time I take a breath, it feels like an ice cold gush of wind going down my throat. As long as it stops me from coughing, it's cool. I have coughed so much that my ribs feel bruised and I have to physically hold myself together because it hurts so much. My favorite halls are the ones that have the medicine filling. The honey ones are the shit but I get addicted to them, so I try not to have them. I will take them while I'm sick and then 2 weeks after I'm feeling better, I'm still popping them like a junkie. I will try to stick to the blue ones for now.

Tonight is my final dress fitting. I wish I felt better. I can't believe it's time to try my dress on and then take it home. It all came so fast. And now here we are, 9 days away. I'm ready and anxious for it to be here.

But I feel like I still have so much to do. I have been laboring over the wedding day time line for 3 hours now. It may sound ridiculous, but I have to time everything just right so the videographer is there for the main stuff like bouquet toss. He is leaving at 10pm, so I have to squeeze it in before then. This means shuffling around the time of the cake cutting and other stuff. And I have to make sure one photographer is at my parents house at the right time and the other is at Matt's at the right time.

The problem with a timeline is, if one thing is off, everything is messed up. Hopefully I can do the time line and then leave it to the Gods for everything to come together. I will not be one of those brides on her wedding day with a clipboard and a whistle ordering people around and making frantic phone calls. No, I'll be the one with the mimosa in one hand and a box of tissues in the other.

3 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Blogger j-dō said...

I wish i could be at your wedding! it is going to be a party to remember i am sure. be sure to post photos.

i hope you feel better.

miss you.

 
At 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I will be right next to you and Matty (along with your family and friends) with mimosas and tissues!! What a wonderful day. You and Matty will make an awesome promise. Let's get it going already.
No, you need to feel better. Relax, recoop, and get better. We've got a wedding to attend next weekend!!
Love you! Fi

 
At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait! It will be an awesome day! Hope you feel better. And don't worry, it will all come together beautifully! Lanie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home