Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Cheers to the Kids

Happy 3 Year Anniversary to Shane and Fiona!

If you don't already know them, you should. No really, you should go out of your way to meet them because you'll be glad you did. Now, this is not a free pass to start stalking them, because that would just be creepy.

Anyway, they are two of the most genuine and wonderful people you will ever meet. They are sincere, honest, loyal and funny (even tough Fi doesn't think she is.) (You are Fi! I swear!)

They are an amazing couple who have an amazing balance in their relationship. They love each other, laugh a lot and really respect each other. They share a lot of interests like the love of punk music, classic horror movies and beer, just to name a few.

I love that they're not one of those couples who feel the need to like and dislike the exact same things. (If you're one of those couples, it's fine...really.) They have their own opinions and there is no less love between them. For example, Baseball. Shane is a die hard Angels fan and Fi is a die hard Dodgers fan (go Gagne!) I know you're asking yourself, "how could a marriage like this ever work?" Well, I don't know, but it just does. And they make it look effortless.

They have been two of my best friends for many years now, and I'm so thankful. They're that couple that you can take to party where they don't know anyone else, and you don't have to worry about them having a good time. No need to babysit them because they always make friends because they are smart, articulate and easy going.

I love them and respect them both immensely and feel so lucky to have them in my life.

In the 3 years that they have been married, they have accomplished some wonderful and amazing things. But my particular favorite (it's my blog, I get to pick) is without a doubt, Eva Jaymes.

A little spitfire, full of sunshine and promise. She's two now (I know you're doing the math, and let me save you the time....yes, they brought home a souvenir from their honeymoon) and she just keeps getting smarter, funnier and more fantastic.

Check out those Elmo Vans that I got her. She is totally rocking them. And look at that face. Auntie G sucks at saying "no" to that face.

So, Happy 3 year Anniversary! I love you guys!

2 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much. That was beautiful. You are the best. sniffle sniffle.
ILYFR AC!!

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Gina said...

Fi, I love you too. sniffle sniffle. Don't EVEN get me started:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home