Thursday, August 10, 2006

What's with the haters?

If you ever read my blog, you know by now that I have a ton of family coming over from London next week for the wedding. I'm so excited and can't wait to see everyone. They have been planning and preparing since last year to come over and celebrate the wedding in true Greek fashion. Nothing could put a damper on that.

Well, except maybe this.

I can't believe this shit. What has this world come to? Why are there people out there that are this malicious and destructive? It's just so sad and scary and tragic.

I have a lot of my family in London calling me to say that it's touch and go on if they will be cancelling their plans to come to Cali. I'm really stressed and I'm nervous. And I'm also sad at the thought of them not being here. But of course I understand if they need to cancel.

I know I sound like a selfish biatch being sad about my family possibly not being at the wedding when this is a MUCH more important problem and effects millions of people. I don't mean to come across that way, it's just how I'm feeling right now.

My Mom said it's the safest time to fly right now because security is so tight. She's probably right. Maybe if they left London today, they could take a boat here?

3 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry Gi. When I heard this my heart immediately went out to you. But hopefully it happened early enough that they'll get this all straightened out, and flying will be more secure than ever come next week. Either way, I am thinking about you and your family and hoping that you can have them all here for this big life milestone and celebration.
We love you guys,
Fi

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Gina said...

thanks Fi. I think they should hopefully be calmed down enough to get on the plane. It's just sucky timing, you know?

 
At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard about this too this morning and I thought of you. It truly makes you wish for world peace. When did we get to a place where we couldn't carry lotion on the plane? Don't worry, your family will be fine and I am putting lots of positive energy out there for their safe trip.

Lanie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home