Monday, July 31, 2006

Someone please press pause!

The only relief I have looking at my "countdown to the wedding" clock is that for some reason it's off by one day. It's trying to steal a whole 24 hours from me, but that aint going to happen.

I can't believe it's only 33 days until the wedding. How did this happen? I'm still wondering where all the time went. Are you kidding me? For the longest time, it has felt like years away, and now all of a sudden Matt and I are trying to find time to get our marriage license. This is insane. Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so exciited!

I've been busy with last minute stuff. I went to the venue and figured out the menu for dinner. Now I just need to find time to get it all written down so we can send a check. It's going to be beautiful. I love the grounds and I think once we add all of our special and unique touched, it will look amazing. It's outdoors, so I'm praying for great weather. I don't want it too be too hot, but I also don't want it to be too cold. Hopefully, it will all work out perfectly.

All the invitations have gone out so that's a huge relief. We have had a few problems with a couple of people not getting their invitation and I'm hoping that will be resolved. (If you know you're invited, but didn't receive your invitation, please email and let me know.) We're getting a lot rsvp cards already and I had no idea how fun it is to get those back. It's such a gratifying experiance. My family and I put the invitations together ourselves, down to glueing on the rhinestone (go Lexie!) to threading the ribbon and tying it all together. There's something to be said for doing it yourself. Although it was time consuming, I have enjoyed planning everything. I couldn't have done it without my Mom. See, look how incredibly enthusiastic she is! She's my partner in crime and has this amazing knack for finding great deals and coming up with these amazing ideas. There is no way this wedding would be what it is without her. What a kick ass Mom I have!

It really bugs me when mistakes are made. I had ordered these white favor bags to have on the dessert table so that people can take some cake home with them. I had Matt and my name put on them with the date of our wedding. They came in today, and has some random date on there. It says something like 12.06.07. Um...yea, not even close. So I had to call the company up to tell them of their mistake and have them reprint and resend them to me. Now I can't cross it off my list. And that's my favorite thing to do.

I can't believe my crazy Greek family from London is going to be here on August 17th! Some are even coming sooner. And they're all staying at the Newport Hyatt. About 21 of them. If you know anyone staying in that hotel from August 17th-Sept 4th, you might want to tell them to move on down to the Marriott. Us Greeks can get loud and boistrious when we're all together. I can't wait to see them all!!! Oh, and by the way, there will be no breaking plates at the reception. The plates are rented so if you break it, you buy it. Sorry to be a downer, but you wouldn't believe how many people have asked me and I can just see everyone throwing their plates on the floor and then getting this astonomical bill for 200 broken place settings.

It's hard to believe that Matt and I are getting married in less than 5 weeks! I'm so excited! It's thrilling and scary at the same time. Not scary in a bad way, just scary as in "the unknown." We'll finally be shacking up together and that will be an intresting experiance for us. I've had my own place for so long now, it will take some getting used to. I mean, I have roommates, but I hardly ever see them and they pretty much keep to themselves. I'm sure it will be a learning experiance and something that we'll take day by day.

Whenever I think about the wedding, I always have one main scenario pop into my head. It's right before I'm about to walk down the aisle with my Dad...all the guests are waiting for us to make our entrance. My heart is beating a million miles a minute and I'm clutching onto my Dad's arms so tight that it looks like he might be wincing. I'm so full of nerves that I think I could pass out. Not nervous about getting married, just freaking out because THIS IS IT. It's finally here, and we're about to do this. It's all lead up to this, and now it's time.

Before we make our descent, I give my Dad a great big hug and tell him that he'll always be my first love. We're both fighting back the tears and my stomach is doing somersaults. Then it's time...

The doors open and everyone stands. I feel a million eyes staring at us but all I can see is Matt's face. His eyes guide me down the isle and washes away all my nerves.

Ok, you can throw up now. I know it's cheesy, but it's what I see everytime I think about the wedding. I'm so screwed because I got teary just writing it, can you imagine when I'm living it? As long as I don't fall into the ugly cry, I'll be ok.

3 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved this entry. I got nervous with you, laughed, cried. I do that a lot with your blog entries! (Even when it's just about something silly like the Coreys!!) You are such a great writer. I really enjoy reading about your experiences planning the first day of the rest of your life with the man of your dreams!
You give a whole new meaning to planning a wedding yourself. It will be amazing. Please don't forget to sit back and relax and enjoy it. You are doing this for you and Matt, not everyone else. So enjoy your hard work and the first day of the rest of your life! It will be fun!! And as for everyone else, don't worry because you have done so much to make it an amazing day for them as well. So pat yourself on the back and feel at peace knowing you have done an awesome job! And your guests will be happy. We will just be so blown away to be apart or your day! And no one will know any different!
And by the way, you will not be shacking up!! You will be LIVING TOGETHER!! :)
I love you guys!! I can't wait!!

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Gina said...

I'm glad you liked it. I'm just so flipping excited to get this show on the road.

Thank you for the pep talk. It means so much to hear your feedback:)

Thank you for the advice. I will write it on my hand for the big day because i will need reminding:)

I love you!!!

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You rock Gi! Love, Fi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home