Tuesday, July 18, 2006

So close!

I know it's been a while since I've posted anything and yes, I do feel like I'm neglecting you. Things have been so busy lately that I am having to schedule time to take a breath.

On Saturday we put the invitations together. We is my Mom, my sister Lexie, my auntie Andie and my cousin Sophia. It went great and we got done in good time. Some people thought I was crazy to buy inviation that required putting together, but it was so worth it. I love the way they turned out and think they look hot!

My sis had a yummy spread for us to nibble at and it was so great to hang out with my cousin (who lives in San Francisco.) She's only 19 but she's an old soul. One of those people that are just so wise beyond their years. She's very special to me and I was stoked to spend some time with her.

We all chatted about men, sex, religion, politics, the heat, the wedding..you know, all the usual. It felt a little bit like our own Joy Luck Club..but for Greeks. I feel so lucky to have these strong beautiful women in my family.

Althought the planning of this wedding has been pretty smooth sailing, I have to admit that I am feeling a little panicked. I guess that's just another word for stressed. We've been planning this wedding for a year and a half, and it's been a lot of hard work, long hours and attention to detail. But above all, it's been fun. Although I feel like I haven't got a good nights sleep in a couple of months...but that could have something to do with trying to fall asleep and remembering this or that and calling my work voicemail to leave myself messages for the next morning. Is that pathetic? It's just these past couple of days that have been a little bit on the rough side. Not that anything bad happened. I think it's because planning a wedding can be a full time job and while I'm doing that, I'm already working a full time job. And we're slammed with work right now, crazy slammed. So it's a lot on my plate right now.

But it's all good. I have a lot of help and support from my family and friends. Everyone has been great about pitching in. My girls helped me put together the favors. Yes, we did the favors from scratch, and I coudn't have done it without them. It was a labor of love. It helped that my sister brought champagne and snacks:) And Moe was a total rockstar. She drove all the way from Arizona for 24 hours just to get fitted for her dress and to help us out with the favors. I love that bitch so much!

I'm SO excited because this weekend is my bach. party and my best girlfriends and I are going to be flying to Arizona to party it up with my BFF Moe and do some relaxing, lay by the pool and..well...maybe other stuff. It's perfect timing because I think it will give me a chance to not think about the "to do" lists and all that stuff. I'm counting the seconds...

So all in all, I have been super busy and trying to find time to just hang out with my man and relax. It hasn't happened for awhile, and with the wedding 5 1/2 weeks away, it's not looking too promising. But it will all be worth it.

I just have one question. Why is my "to do" list is getting longer instead of shrinking?

1 Comments:

At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just think, when you are married, you will have no to do list at all!!!!!! LOL! That's actually a joke you know! It becomes a "honey-do" list! Can't wait till Friday! We will be so gangsta! Love ya!

Lanie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home