Thursday, July 06, 2006

Wedding update

Where has the time gone? Yes, as lame as it is, this is my countdown clock. My Mom hates it. She says that it's like knowing when you're going to die. I'm not sure how that ties in with knowing how long until your wedding date...

It's now less than 2 months until the big day and I realize that most of the stuff I post has nothing to do with the wedding. I'm sorry about my celeb rants..I can't help it. I love celebrity life and all their drama, fashion etc. Ok, time to catch you up with the progresses we've made for the Kincaid/Cretikos wedding. I can't sleep at night thinking of what needs to be done still. Not major stuff, just loose ends. But those are the things that will drive me to drink. For the most part, I feel confident that everything is under control.

Almost all the bridesmaids have been measured for their dresses. Tina's is done and it's tucked away safely in her closet. Hopefully all the dresses will be completed by the expected date of August 10th. That will be a load off my mind. I would post a photo of Tina in her dress looking all super cute, but that's going to be a surprise.

"Let them eat cake" is this amazing bakery in Costa Mesa that has won tons of awards, including one of the food networks cake competions. My Mom is smitten and is insisting that this is the place that is going to make our wedding cake. They do incredible work and are really nice too. That makes a difference to me. I want to trust my vendors. Anyway, my Mom and I went to the cake tasting yesterday and words can't describe how incredible it was. Oh My Gosh! Ridiculous. I didn't know that cake could taste that good.

We picked two flavors out of their many to try. The first was Mango/Passion Fruit Cake - Butter cake baked with chunks of fresh Mango and filled with Cream Cheese, Blackberry and Passion Fruit Custard. Are you drooling yet? The second flavor that we picked was Moist Buttermilk White Cake layered with Lemon Curd, Fresh Raspberries in a Raspberry Mousse and Lemon Butter Cream. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. It was out of this world. The flavors just popped and it tasted so refreshing and delicious. Although both were incredible, this one was the hands down winner. Do you see that cake there? That's ONE layer. Yes, there are four layers and three fillings in one layer. Heaven on earth!!

I'm telling you all this so that you make sure you have some at the wedding. Don't dismiss it like "yea yea, just cut the dang thing so we can get on the dance floor." No, you must partake in this almost too good to be true experiance. Trust me on this one. Save room for the cake.

I'm happy to have the limos booked, and more importantly, the bus. I have ordered a big, red, English double decker bus with an open top to transport my out of town guest (from London) to and from the wedding. It's going to be awesome! How kick ass are the photos going to be? I'm envisioning a photo with Matt, myself and our wedding party and everything is in black and white except the bus which will be in color. Wouldn't that be sic? I can't wait:)


Last Sunday was July 2nd and the UPS man paid me a little visit. 2 months before we get married.. Yup, I got 2 dozen roses from Matt!!! What an amazing man he is. They are gorgeous different shades and smell devine. I put them in these glasses instead of a vase so that I could put some on my desk and also share with Tina. Pretty Pretty!!!

It's amazing how getting flowers delivered to you can completly change your mood. I don't think anyone could be in a bad mood after that. There's something so great about being surprised. It makes you feel special and there's nothing bad about that:)

I'll post more about the wedding when I have more time. It's around the corner and I am just so excited!!! Soon I will be a married woman and begin a whole new life with husband. I can't wait!

5 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What will that clock do on the day of?

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Gina said...

it will explode and a little man will emerge and say "are you ready to sign your life away?" lol..haa haa. No, nothing happens, but i can reset the clock and it came with different face plates like countdown to vacation, new years, birthday etc.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Erik said...

wedding cake is the best thing in the world. i want to go try cakes at Let Them Eat Cake!

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Gina said...

Oh E, you have no idea...this cake is so incredible that you mouth does a little dance when you eat it. I swear! So make sure you save room for it at the wedding!!!

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Erik said...

i will save LOTS of room!
xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home