Wednesday, June 28, 2006

bits and pieces

A pregnant Britney Spears poses nude for a photoshoot that was supposed to appear in the upcoming August issue of Harper's Bazaar. Rumor has it the photoshoot was scrapped (britneyspy). This is most likely an attempt for damage control following herDateline interview Mess.

I actually prefer her black hair to the blonde rats nest she usually has going on. She could so shake that whole trailer park chic if she wanted to. Do it Brit!
------------------------------------------

Star Jones Reynolds announced Tuesday morning on The View that she'll be leaving the show in July after nine years as a cohost.

"Something's been on my heart for a little bit, and after much prayer and counsel I feel like this is the right time to tell you that the show is moving in another direction for its tenth season and I will not be returning as cohost next year," she said on the air.

"That's shocking to me," interrupted Joy Behar, prompting Jones Reynolds to link hands with her cohosts.

Thanking the show's creator, Barbara Walters, "for giving me the opportunity of a lifetime," Jones Reynolds concluded by saying, "I'm not sure what the future holds, but I'm absolutely sure who holds the future."

Everything sounds all rosy right? Not so fast.

"What you don't know is that my contract was not renewed for the tenth season," she tells PEOPLE. "I feel like I was fired." She adds that she was told her contract wouldn't be renewed just days before news leaked that O'Donnell would be joining The View. It turns out that viewers just didn't like Star. See, losing all that weight worked against you. They liked you better when you were fat. Now your skinny and married to a gay man. Oopsie.

It gets better. According to People magazine, "After The View cohost Star Jones Reynolds announced on the air Tuesday that she would leave the show in July, her network had a response: Leave now. According to a source close to Jones Reynolds, ABC has asked her not to return to The View tomorrow morning."

Ouch! I've never seen the View, but Star bugs so I'm thinking that the only one upset about this is her. ANd you just know that she's going to milk this whole getting fired thing for as long as she can. Poor Star. Waah wahh wahh!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medium" star Patricia Arquette wed her long-time boyfriend, actor Thomas Jane, over the weekend.

Um..what is on her head? She can look pretty cute when she wants to but this is just not working in her favor.

Remember her in "True Romance" with Christian Slater? That's one of my favorite movies and she was so good in it. I haven't caught her new show thats on now, but I heard it's pretty good.

Congratulations to her and her new huby!

3 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, someone has to respond to this blurp.
I too prefer Britney with dark hair. I can't believe I said that. I should just say, Britney looks "nicer" with the dark hair. And all the airbrushing and toning on that picture don't hurt either! But yes, I think she is onto something with the dark hair. Go Brit!!! What? Ok, I'll stop!
And it is so funny, to see those woman on the View make such a big deal/controversy over something no one will remember next week!! I love it!!
And what is up with Patricia? Obviously, they have some theme going on. Her hubby is in a kilt, right? I am going to give her the benefit of the doubt... Maybe there are some other pictures that make the headdress thing look beautiful and appropriate. C'mon Gi, more photos! ;) You are my source!
ILYFR!! PS

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Gina said...

Fi-I love that your silently cheering Brit on....you rock! Trust me, she'll make the comeback, and then there will be all these hanger ons that "Love Brit" but we'll be able to say, um, we were cheering for her when she was full submerged in the trailer park and look at her now.

The View debocle is heating up. Just as i predicted, Star has been on the Today show, radio morning shows and such playing the victim. She'll be on Larry King tonight too. I hate to break it to you sweethart, but not liking you is nothing new. Ever since you claimed to lose your weight "naturally" (purleeze) and then had a wedding with half a mil sponsers, you havent exactly been top of the list.

Ok, so P.A.'s headdress thing is awful, but her hubbby is a romatic. He proposed to her by renting out a theater and then having the proposal come up on the screen....aww....

 
At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Figures about Star Jones, eh?

Wow what an amazing proposal! That beats her theater experience in True Romance w/Christian Slater. Or does it?
ILYFR!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home