Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Coreys Reunite

In a last ditch effort to restart their careers, Corey Haim and Corey Feldman have plans to star in their own tv show. It's described as an improv comedy that center on fictional versions of themselves, a la "Curb Your Enthusiasm." And you'll never guess what genius name they came up with for the title of their shows. Yup, You guessed it. "The Coreys."

Variety reports:
"The Coreys picks up with Feldman living the comfortable suburban life with his wife Suzie and son, until circumstances bring his old pal Haim back into the picture. Episodes would follow Haim -- single and the total opposite of Feldman -- as he shakes life up for the Feldmans. "

Back in the day, every girl (and guy?) had their favorite Corey. Mine was Haim. Fiona's was Feldman. I never in a million years thought I would ever say this and have it be a true statement, but Corey F. actually looks better than his long lost BFF. Poor Corey H. looks bloated, washed up and worse for the wear. He looks like he could be Brit Spears brother from the trailer park. Yikes. And yet Feldman looks healthy, tan and dare I say...normal?

Don't get me wrong. I love the Coreys in "Lost Boys," "License to Drive" and "Dream a Little Dream." But it's been eons since they last graced the cover of Tiger Beat so I have a feeling that their time in the spotlight is over.

Wow, Tiger Beat brings back some memories. I got all my wall posters from there...the centerfolds of Michael J. Fox (Erik-you must share!) Christian Slater and Kirk Cameron. I remember one time I was in Big Bear with my family and I was about 14. We had gone into town to get some ice cream, and guess who was there, getting a double scoop of mint chip? Kirk Cameron! I was beside myself. I was freaking out and totally star struck. My Dad said "Let's go get his autograph" and I screamed "NO!!" in total embarrassment. So we started walking away and I thought "Gina, what are you doing? Go get his autograph!" So I told my Dad that I had changed my mind. We started approaching him but I just couldn't handle the curly hair, dimples and tutleneck. I grabbed my Dad's hand and pulled him away as fast as I could. This was one of my first brushes with a celebrity and the beginning of my obsession with celebrities. (My first brush was when I was 9 or 10 and lived in London and met the band A-Ha at a restaurant. It was Awesome!)

Anyway, so keep your eyes peeled for "The Coreys." This is going to be a train wreck, right? The show hasn't got picked up by a network yet, so who knows where it will land. But somehow I don't think it will be part of NBC's must see tv. I think it will be awkward and sad and almost annoying to watch this show. But am I going to Tivo it? You bet your sweet ass!

6 Comments:

At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite was HAIM! Come on : "I ove you honey" from Dream a Little Dream when he's talking about the hawaiian girl was one of the best delivered lines ever. And his bathtub scene with Nanook in Lost Boys! Does it get any better?
Oh... maybe I shouldn't have said anything.
ILYFR!
Fiona

 
At 7:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the blast from the past!
And I was laughing so hard about your description of one of your first star sighting experiences, so funny. And it hasn't gotten all that different!! Right? Can't wait for the next celebrity sighting!
ILYFR
Fi

 
At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops, the best delivered line from Dream a Little Dream that I was talking about was "Hel-lo hon-ey." Claudia knows exactly what I am talking about. And I am sure you do too Gi. Sorry I messed it up, it was really early...
Fi

 
At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's not forget that in "dream a little dream" the lead girl that Feldman (the love of my life at the time) was trying to win over was named "Lanie!" Actually, it was spelled Lainie, I totally remember that line of Haim's, but what about when Feldman says "Whatever you do, don't fall asleep!" He says it with such desparation and anguish!

Gina, will this be on regular TV, or will I have to buy cable just to watch this? I think I still have my Feldman shrine dating back to "goonies!"

I love the KC story. I still owe you the Billy Idol Story.....

Lanie :)

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Gina said...

ah, maybe that's where the confusion came in. It was Lanie, not Fi that liked Feldmen.

 
At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lanie,
I love it. I love that you are that into the Coreys and Dream a Little Dream. Do not buy cable!! We'll make Gi TiVO, or DVR, or whatever that scary new technology thing is called, and then we'll invite ourselves over and all watch it together!! What'dya say?!

And yes, I remember with so much feeling the desperation with which Feldman pleaded for Haim to just stay awake. Such a great movie. I cried everytime Van Morrison sang I've Got Dreams while Feldman cried on the lawn/curb in the rain. Ooh, so good, so good!!

Fi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home