Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Lance is Gay

Lance Bass, the former 'N Sync heartthrob, reveals that he is gay, in an exclusive interview with People Magazine.

Really people, is this a shock to us? Who didn't know he was gay? Well, good for him for officially coming out.

"I knew that I was in this popular band and I had four other guys' careers in my hand, and I knew that if I ever acted on it or even said (that I was gay), it would overpower everything," says Bass, referring to bandmates Joey Fatone, Chris Kirkpatrick, JC Chasez and Justin Timberlake.

"I didn’t know: Could that be the end of ’N Sync? So I had that weight on me of like, ‘Wow, if I ever let anyone know, it's bad.' So I just never did," he says speaking about his sexual orientation for the first time with PEOPLE.

"The thing is, I’m not ashamed – that’s the one thing I want to say," he explains of his decision to come out. "I don't think it's wrong, I'm not devastated going through this. I'm more liberated and happy than I’ve been my whole life. I'm just happy."

2 Comments:

At 7:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my favorite part about this whole Lance is Gay thing:

If Lance Bass had come out while in NSYNC, would it have changed how you felt about the group?

Yes 22%

No 37%

What's NSYNC? 41% <------!!!

TOTAL ENTRIES: 601

Love you!
Fi

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Gina said...

That's funny! We all knew he was gay. At least he's finally come out. It must be a huge relief for him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home