Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Happy Saints Day

In the Greek Orthodox religion, we recognize Saints as a big part of our religion and culture.

Because I was named Georgina, after my Grandma, my Saints day is on April 23rd, which is St. George's day.

St. George was a famous knight who, according to legend, slayed a dragon and saved a princess. Holla!

Today we celebrate Saint Nicholas Day.

Saint Nicholas was renowned for his great kindness and his generous aid to those in distress.

Happy Saint day to the two Nicholas' in my life, my Dad and my Godphew!

2 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy St Nicks day!! Those are the happiest, handsomest, luckiest, kindest Nicks I know!! Love you guys!
We (Catholics) too celebrate the Saints days. And Saint Nick was generous as you said, and used to bring Christmas trees, fruits (which were hard to come by in the middle of Winter), and gifts to families. So to celebrate, we picked up our tree last night!
ILYFR!
Fi

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Gina said...

oooh, I love that idea. Buying your Chrismas tree every year on St. Nicholas day would be a cool tradition.

Love you FR!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home