Friday, September 29, 2006

One, Two..Freddie's coming for you...

You remember "Nightmare on Elm Street." That movie scared the hell out of me when I was a kid. My brother Dimitri suggested we watch it for the first time one night when we were babysitting. Good times. Although it scared me, I watched it many times, along with all the others. Part 2, part 3, part 47. They don't make them like that anymore.

It has remained a classic, and now the 4 bedroom house (which is actually on Genesse Ave, not Elm St.) where Krueger massacared the kids on Elm Street is on the market for $1 million.

The movie made a household name out of a then-unknown actor called Johnny Depp - after he was discovered by the daughter of the film's director, Wes Craven. He explained: "It was kind of like daughters' day at the office - she just happened to be there.

We'd been casting for Elm Street, and the main character Nancy had this boyfriend Glenn. We were looking for the usual handsome young Hollywood kid coming up and all off a sudden in comes this guy, Johnny Depp."He added: "He was pale, kind of feminine looking, with cigarette stains on his fingers and I almost cast someone else. But my daughter just looked at me and said 'Johnny Depp - he's heaven' and I just went 'okay!'"

Thank goodness for his daughter! The Johnny Depp scene with the TV is a classic one.

It would be pretty bizare to live in this house. Yes, it was only a movie, but I would still be petrified going down to the basement. I have a very active imagination, and this would just be fuel for the fire.

(Click on the flyer to see a larger version.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home