Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Exteme Makeover, minus the tears


For those of you that know me, does this room on the left look familiar at all?

If not, picture it with a pool table, couches and a tv in it.

Nothing?

Ok, for you old skoolers...picture us standing in our most formal gear, evening gowns and tuxedos and we're in high school.

Do you give up?

It's my parents living room of their house on Galaxy Drive. After many years of drawing plans for their dream house, and 2 years of fighting the city for permits, they are finally ready to move forward.



Here's the house from the backyard view.

All the grass is gone.

My Dad's famous built in bar-b-que has been put into storage.

We all miss hanging out here and can't wait for them to be done.




Here's the kitchen and kids den. I remember hanging out in these two room a lot during high school.

Lanie and I always plotting our next music video or dance routine.

Stamada forcing dessert on Erik and Jesse, even if they weren't hungry.

All of us sitting on the kitchen counters for hours on end pondering the eternal question "what do you want to do tonight?"

It will be exciting to see the house when it's all done and gussied up. But a part of me is sad because the house I remember that held all those great memories will look totally different.

But I'm sure I'll get over that when I see the wine cellar and theater room.

2 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Blogger Erik said...

Whoa! That's crazy. But it's exciting too. Your parents are going to be so excited when they're done with the remodel, and I'm sure you'll grow to love it too.

And "what are we going to do tonight" really IS the eternal question. That made me laugh out loud.

 
At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The house will be amazing I am sure. This is where the fun starts for your dad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home