Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The Best Time of Day to Do Just About Anything


I'm always looking for ways to simplify my life. For this reason, I love the magazine "Real Simple." It always has great little tips and suggestions on how to save money, remove a stubborn stain, reupholster my love seat and other valuable nuggets of info. Yes, it all sounds very Martha Stewart, which so isn't me. But they do it in a very slick and hip way so that you don't even realize you're gaining this great life lessons. For instance, did you know that when you're done with your ketchup bottle, you can wash it out and use it for your pancake batter. They'll come out perfectly shaped without the mess. Pretty good, right?

Haven't you always wondered when the best time to book a last minute flight is? (It's on Wednesday from midnight to 2am.) What about the best time to take a photo? (Late morning or early afternoon because it gives you a few hours to wake up and get the puffiness out of your face.) Real Simple magazine has all these pressing questions answered for you in one handy article. My personal life saver? "When should you go on a safari?" And to think, I almost went during the wrong season!

2 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As you know I LOVE this magazine too. So thick and no filler! ; )
Yay! My favorite tip was from the issue you are describing (I think) - re-use the plastic containers that they sell grated parmesian cheese in to hold snacks for Mic. You know, with the green tops that have flip lids? They are awesome. They are great for Cheerios, or pretzels, or animal crackers, or you fill in the blank. And, the best part, the containers are dishwasher safe!! (top rack of course). Does it get any better? An actual handy re-use tip! I am just not sold by the reuse-milk-gallon-jugs-for-window-gardens or the reuse-bottle-caps-for-pill-holders hype. This one actually makes life easier. Ok, I am too in to this. It's sick!
ILYFR!

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Gina said...

oooh, I love that tip! I love handy tips that are tried and tested. Thanks Foxy!!!! And no, you're not too into this:) ILYFR!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home