Thursday, March 02, 2006

Save the date bitches

Holy Crap! I have finally sent out our "save the date" magnets ..... and now there's no turning back. They're out there in the universe and now everyone is expecting me to show up and go through with this whole wedding thing .... now what am I going to do??

Ok, I hope you know I'm kidding. If you know me at all, you know that I am super excited about getting married and it actually can't come soon enough. Besides the fact that the girls don't have bridesmaid dresses yet, and I haven't even picked out invitations, and we don't know where we're going on our honeymoon... and the weirdest thing? I'm not really freaked out about it because I know that everything will come together. And to be honest, as long as I can look at my tall drink of water at the end of the night and call him my hubby, I'll be over the moon.

It's also a special day today because it happens to be exactly 6 months until "the big day." "Our special day" as people like to call it. I think that sounds like an afterschool special, so we won't be calling it that. Matt and I have been engaged forever and so for the actual day to be so close, it's awesome. As cheesy as it sounds, I simply can't wait to be Mrs. Kincaid. I couldn't ask for a more amazing man to share my life with. Matt and I just fit. We get each other and we make each other laugh. And that's so hot.

Another reason that today is a big day is because tonight, Matt and I are going to find out our finacial fate. We're meeting with a family friend that owns a mortgage company and we will see if she laughs in our faces. We want to stay in Costa Mesa, and there are a lot of great places to live, it's just a matter of what we can afford. We plan on buying in June and this is the first step in a very long process.

I've had my eye on this little beauty for some while, although it's a little bit out of Costa Mesa. But on the plus side, it comes with it's own security!

Wish us luck, because what happens at this meeting tonight will pretty much determine our fate. No pressure. It's only our future.

7 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Gina! Don't worry. You guys will be awesome tonight--and staying in Costa Mesa is more of a reality than you think! It will be awesome. We can be CM neighbors! :)---Lanie

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Erik said...

I hope it went well! I got your "save the date" magnet--the date is saved! xo,
Erik

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Gina said...

Lanie-it was good to see you last night. Seems like we were both thinking the same things!

Erik-So excited that you'll be at the wedding. I mean, what's a wedding without your gay ex-boyfriend? xo

 
At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every time I open the fridge to look at bottled water or mustard I think about your wedding!

 
At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how did it go?!! With the mortgage company?! See you tonight!

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Gina said...

I'm going to guess that this anonymous is my foxy fifi as it says "see you tonight." The meeting went well, but holy shit it's expensive to buy a house in CM. But in the infamous words of Tim Gunn, we'll "carry on!"

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Erik said...

Tim Gunn is a wise man.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home