Tuesday, February 28, 2006

John Mayer is super organic


I love me some John Mayer. He's hot in a weird looking kind of way and I dig his music. He seems like a laid back guy who probably enjoys some beers with dinner and smokes a joint for dessert. He's got a great, dry sense of humor (did you catch him on Chappelle Show a while back?) I definitely wouldn't peg him as a diva (divo?) or high maintainance.

So I did some checking on thesmokinggun.com and I was right. He's just a down to earth guy who enjoys reading the New York Times and has a perfectly good reason for needing 2 tubes of crazy glue before a show.

Our little John boy has some lengthy requests for his dressing room. And it turn out he's a health nut. Along with soy milk and organic fruit bowls he's also requesting organic raisin bran, organic tea and organic lip balms! And he is obviously invested in taking care of his mouth because he asks for "soft head" toothbrushes, mouthwash, mint-flavored toothpaste and Altoids breath mints. What a guy!

5 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for this entry. I love John Mayer. Such a talented musician and unexpectedly very funny too. You are right!
If you haven't seen it, check out his concert with Buddy Guy. It was on the PBS show "Soundstage" (I am anxiously awaiting its appearance in Netflix). Incredible. And how many young up-and-comings play with Buddy Guy? Bliss...

 
At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ILYFR!! ~A C~

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Gina said...

I love you too Fi. Mayer is our boy and we need to go see him in concert together!!! The best was when I saw Maroon5 open for him..wow. The only way it could have been better is if you had been there too.

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Erik said...

I actually saw John Mayer in a play once--he was acting in it--in this really tiny little theater in LA. There were 7 people in the audience. This was before he got famous, but like RIGHT BEFORE he got famous, because I remember seeing him on MTV or VH1 or someplace as a "new-and-coming artist" and thinking, "that's the dude who was in that play I saw." How weird is that?

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Gina said...

That's so cool Erik! how was he in the play?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home