Thursday, April 03, 2008

Countdown to fun!

I love the fair. I really love it. We go every year and it never dissapoints. I've been going since I was a kid. My Mom would drop Lanie, Rayline and I off when they first opened and we'd spend all day cruising around and doing our thing.

In my adult life it has become a tradition to go as close to the first day as possible because you blink and the whole thing is over. Matt and I always go with Shane, Fi and Eva and have the best time. Nothing beats getting a nice cold beer at the blues bbq place and munching on some grilled corn with butter and parmesan cheese. It's something I look forward to every year.

Another bonus is the live music. Last year Fi, Claudia, Shirley and I went and saw G Love and the Special Sauce at Pacific Ampitheater. It was totally amazing. We walked there from my house and sat outside in the sunshine, drinking beers and rocking out. The next night Fi, Claudia and I went back for more. This time it was to see Chris Cornell. That was Ama-za-zing.
.
But the best time we always have is with Shane and Fi, hands down. So every year, it can't wait for the fair. I can't come soon enough. Well, turns out I don't have to wait that long.
.
Matt mentioned the other night that it's only 4 months away. Really, 4 months, thats it? Where did the year go? It seems like it was just yesterday that all four of us were squeezing into a photo booth for our annual portait. then cruising over to check out Hercules, the giant horse and let's not forget standing with our jaws on the ground, totally blown away by the trippy sand artists....ah, good times! I have to say, last years fair outing was maybe the best ever. We rocked it and took no prisoners!
I can't wait for this year!!!!!

4 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course you can't forget that Gina and Fi made friends with a couple while we were eating and before we knew it they had invited them to the house afterwards to hang out. It was a great time. I look forward to this upcoming year.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Gina said...

LOL! Ok, I was going to mention that but I thought it would be weird. But it wasn't weird. They were our age and totally cool. And we were...well...feeling good. What can I say? We're make friends everywhere we go! LOL!

 
At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, every year gets better and better. Wow, who can complain about that? Got to start this year and the Blues and BBQ joint for a beer and some corn! And then play!
We do make friends everywhere. Isn't that what life is about? And don't forget those police or firefighters or security guys! They could have been clowns for all I cared! They were really good sports. We paid our humble respects and boosted their egos. That's good stuff right?
Can't wait until this year!
Love you!
Fi
PS Who's playing this year at Pac Amp?!!

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Gina said...

I'm not sure who's playing this year, but I'm sure there will be someone we will want to see:)!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home