Thursday, October 12, 2006

Super Bummer

I'm obsessed with Rockstar: Supernova and watched it religiously with my fellow groupies. It's a great show and I'm looking forward to next season. I wonder how long they can actually do this for? How many bands can there be that are famous enough that people will tune in but are in need of a lead singer? I'd say the selection is close to over.

TMZ has some new gossip on the upcoming tour:

Magni and Storm Large, two finalists in the top 5 on the CBS reality show "Rockstar: Supernova," have been essentially fired from the opening act on the upcoming Rockstar: Supernova tour.

This is just the latest controversy to besiege Tommy Lee's new band, Rockstar Supernova, since the reality show wrapped production last month.

First a California punk band claimed rights to the name Supernova and sought an injunction to halt the television act from performing or recording under the "Supernova" brand, unless they changed or added words to the name. A San Diego judge ruled in favor of the punk band and forced the CBS backed group to find a new moniker. For once Davey trumped Goliath!

With a tour scheduled to begin on New Year's Eve in Vegas, the bill's opening act was to include The Panic Channel, host Dave Navarro's latest band, as well as, fellow contestants Toby Rand, Dilana, Magni, Storm Large and the program's House Band.

But now TMZ has learned that due to financial reasons Magni, Storm Large and the House Band have been kicked off the tour. Toby and Dilana are still on board (thank God!), but will now be backed by Toby Rand's Australian group Juke Kartel. Evs!

Though this is sure to be a blow to Storm Large and Magni, who is already a bona fide sensation in his native Iceland, the real question is how fans will react to the news.And while Magni and Storm will be sorely missed, we're still hoping they add the ever unpredictable and fabulous Zayra Alvarez to the bill.

I think it's kind of funny that Storm got dropped (sorry Erik, I know you love her) because she was always so cocky and just seemed so fake.

And Zayra should not be on the tour. Yes, her wardrobe choices kept her intresting, but her voice did nothing for me except reach for the mute button.

5 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Blogger Erik said...

This is awful and great news at the same time. Awful that Storm got kicked out and great that Magni did. I'm very conflicted about this. I'm also mad that the House Band isn't performing.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Gina said...

I know! I think the House Band was the best thing about that show. They should have done whatever they needed to get them on the tour.

Magni has his own thing going on in Iceland. He's already a star there.

Storm will do just fine too.

Are you going to see the tour?

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Erik said...

I wanted to, and I'm still interested, but without the House Band and my dear Storm, I'm not as excited as I was.

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Erik said...

Because I really don't want to see Lukas. So now I would just be paying to see Toby and Dilana, whereas before I had see Toby, Dilana, Storm and the House Band to look forward to.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Gina said...

what do you have against Lucas? He may not have been your first pick, but it could have been worse..

I agree though, not as much bang for your buck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home