Monday, August 14, 2006

Jumping Ship

I found out this morning that 10 people from London that were supposed to be arriving on Thursday won't be coming. They are just too nervous with everything going on that they just can't bring themselves to get on that plane. Of course I understand and respect that, but it doesn't stop me from crying and being bummed out big time. I was pretty upset and dissapointed this morning when my Uncle called to let me know. And the worse thing is that he sounded just as upset asI was. He feels awful about it, but it's just circumstances. I wasn't crying because I was pissed, just dissapointed that I wouldn't see them.

On a more positive note, I'm happy to report that my Aunt Lia, Uncle George and cousins Francesca and Andreas will be coming in on Thursday as planned. Wooo hoo!!! When you see them at the wedding, please be sure to go up to them and give them big hugs and then perform the slow clap. Yes, this is a definite moment for the slow clap. Why doesn't anyone ever do that anymore? I'm going to bring it back just like I brought "douche bag" back. It can be done.

Anyway, along with them will be about 10 others coming on different days. As far as I know, they are still planning on coming. Keep your fingers crossed.

Had my meeting with the DJ yesterday and it went really well. I picked out the music for the grand entrances, the first dances, the garter and bouquet tosses and all the music in between. I'm not going to give anything away, but it will most definitly be a multi cultural musicfest. Just be ready to party and ready to bring it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home