Thursday, January 12, 2006

Check out my goodies

So I know that we aren't even half way through the first month of the new year, but I have already formed an opinion on some things that are my new favorite goodies for 2006. Aren't I ahead of the game!


1. Erik's "my year of new things" blog. It's funny, it's interesting, it's everything I wish my blog was. I am begging him to make it into a book or a movie. It helps me get through my day and always makes me laugh. By the way, yes, Erik is sporting a handle bar mustache in this photo. Why? Well, because he's never had one. And that's what this year is all about!

2. Jet CD (Get Born) Ok, I know this isn't exactly new, but it's just so good and I really don't think people have taken the time to listen to it and fully appreciate it. It has a strong Beatles influence running through a lot of the tracks which could be hard to appreciate if your a Beatles fan. Well, I am, and I love this CD.



3. The OC -I know there are haters out that that just don't see the point in this little slice of heaven, but I love this show. It's over acted, dramatic, cheesy and completely unrealistic. Which is exactly why I love it so much. If I wanted something that was real, why would I be watching TV?


4. SideKick II- Ok, so I know I'm being a total poser with this, but I love my sidekick. I never realized how great it is to have internet access at the drop of a hat. I don't have it blinged out with the crystals because that really is being a poser. (but I secretly so badly want to do that!!!)





5. Michael Buble - if you don't own any of his CD's, I weep for you. He is an incredible artist who sounds like a throw back to Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Harry Connick Jr etc. Love Love Love him. He's playing in Vegas next month....I'm looking around the room right now to see if there's anything I can sell..



6. myspace - I hate to even put this on my list, but it's true. I was such a non believer of this whole concept for so long that I didn't even sign up until a few months ago. And am in deep now. It's like Erik said..it's internet cocaine! From having my account and doing a minimal amount of exploring, I have gotten back in touch with a ton of people from high school. Not that I really want to hang out with them or anything, but it's pretty cool to see what they're up to now. Wait, let me retract my prior statement. The people I DO hang out with and love are my best peeps from back in the day, old crew. Lanie, Jesse, Erik and Rayline. Myspace is a pretty simple idea. Why didn't I think of that? Damn it!


7. A million little pieces, by James Frey. I admit, I first of this book on Oprah (don't hate, you know you love her too!) I had never read any other book from her suggested reading list because I read what I want, when I want. ok, that didn't sounds as tough as I thought, but anyway..I loved this book. It was so horrific and disturbing in places that you could hardly believe it was a true story. I just couldn't believe the hell that one person could go through and still come out somewhat normal. Well, it seems I may have not been too far off. Shame on you James Frey.


8. Americas Next Top Model. Yes, I know that the new cycle hasn't even begun yet, but that won't stop me from putting this on my list as a definite favorite of 2006. But let me say, I haven't always agreed with the winners that have been picked. My biggest upset was when Naima won. Are you kidding me? What, because she slaps on a mohawk she's cutting edge. I thought that Lluvy should have won. She was completely original and totally different looking. So far, my favorite winner is Eva. Why? Well, because she managed to go through the whole show with no one commenting on the fact that her nose looks just like a pigs and her last name is Pigford. Now that's fierce! Season after season, it never disappoints. And how hot is Nigel?!!!! Holla!



9. Lindsay Lohan is the new Nicole Richie. Ok, I can hear the groans already. But let me say this. I don't love her for anything to do with her career such as her acting or her musical accomplishments (dripping sarcasm.) I don't know why I dig her, I just do. I guess I just love her as a celebrity. I don't have any hard hitting reason. Just think she rocks. So deal.


Ok, that's all for today. I will try to write more later.
Peace out bitches!

1 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Blogger Erik said...

Thank you for the shout out! 2006 is gonna be the best. I love your list. (Also, I'm also working on an America's Next Top Model post.) xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home