Friday, February 22, 2008

Table for three

If you know me at all, you know that I'm totally obsessed with celebrity culture. I read the gossip mags, and blog about what they're up to. I know who's hooking up with who and who's dunzo. I'd like to think of myself as pretty good at pop culture all around.

So, as I'm this into the Hollywood crowd, I have always wanted to go have lunch at "The Ivy." This is the mecca for all people famous and everyone who is anyone has had lunch there and been photographed. It has been a dream...

Well, my dream came true! My Sister Lexie and I cruised up to Los Angeles on Monday and met up with Roddy. Roddy told her he would take us to lunch at the Ivy so of course I was SO excited. Once we got to his office, he broke the bad news. They had no tables available, they were totally packed. I was bummed but didn't show it, and assured him any where we went would be great. And then Roddy, my hero, said "let's go down there and see what we can do."

So we cruised down to Hollywood, turned right on Robertson (yes, THE Roberstson where ALL the stars shop..Nicole Richie, Paris, Lindsay Lohan etc) and pulled up across the street to The Ivy. To say it was packed would be an understatement. There was a huge crowd gathered outside and the line went down the block. Roddy jumped out of the car and sprinted across the street. I looked at Lexie and wondered why he was even wasting his time.

Next thing I know, we're pulling up to the valet, walking passed the growing mass of people and being shown our table. And not any old table. No, only the best seat in the house. What did Roddy do? How did he get us in so fast? I decided not to question, and just to enjoy. Do you see all those people outside? The longer we were there, the more of them gathered. It was kind of funny. But maybe it was funny because I was seated enjoying a great bottle wine and eating sauteed shrimp. Maybe if I was out there in line, I'd not find it funny at all.

We had an awesome lunch, delicious food, the perfect wine...it was one of those lunches that you only hear about. You know, the three hour lunch, no rush to get back to work, drinking wine in the middle of the day....

Unfortch, we didn't see any celebs. Although, we were seated right in front of this girl who looked almost exactly like Paris Hilton. In fact, I think it was Paris. Well, maybe not, but that's what I want to believe. If you look at the photo of Roddy above and look over his left shoulder, you'll see her blond hair. It's hard to see in this photo, but trust me on this one. And there was a guy that I swear was the famous director, Brett Ratner. Oh, and that Prince Von Da Lou or whatever his name is was there. He's the ex of Zsa Zsa Gabour. Dang it, maybe next time we'll move up from the D list.

After lunch, we cruised Roberston and went into a few stores. I was most excited about Lisa Kline and of course Kitson. These are the same stores that my favorite celebs frequent, and here I am, just walking right in! It was so great. I don't know why I get so excited. It's kind of ridiculous actually. I get so star struck, even when there are no stars. When I first saw Robertson street, I was kiddy! Hello, it's not like I'm from Iowa. I live in Orange County for goodness sake. Is it weird that I get that excited?

I had such a fantastic day! I had the best time, as always, hanging out with my sis Lexie. And Roddy was so awesome to take us to lunch and check out all the shops with us. I can finally cross "going to the Ivy" off my list of things to do. Thank you Lexie and Roddy!

2 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I relate with the "star struck" state, right? So I was so excited to read this! What a trip?! I can't believe that here it is Sunday and I am just finding this out. Why didn't you tell me?!!!!
Stoked for you!
Love you!
Fi

 
At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha you are so cute!! it was a fun time... and it was the first of many :) love you xoxo
-Lexi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home