Thursday, January 03, 2008

Another one that will leave you scratching your head


Matty and I went to see this last night with Shane and Fi. Wow. This is one trippy movie. It seems like I'm on a roll with those kind. Whatever you expect from this movie, you'll be wrong.
I wasn't sure how I felt about it last night, but the more I think about it, the more I like it. It's cinematography is exquisite and the cast is top notch. Tommy Lee Jones, James Brolin and some tall scary guy that terrifyied the crap out of me.
There's not all that much dialogue or noise for that matter....it's a quiet movie for the most part..really quiet. So quiet that I couldn't eat my popcorn without sounding like I had a bullhorn up by my mouth. I think I heard Shane's stomach growling at one point. The the absence of noise made it a chilling adventure, on the edge of my seat in all the right ways. Although it's violent and gory at times, it doesn't feel indulgent. The movie wouldn't have the same intensity without it.
If you want to see something totally out of left field that will leave you kind of dumbfounded, but talking about it after the confusion has worn off, go see "No Country for Old Men." You won't be disapointed. Or maybe you will. Who knows. But that's half the fun!

1 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't believe it didn't get the Golden Globe. Javier Barden deserved it too.
I liked your review. I'd add that the casting was incredible. Can you think of a single person, even extra, that wasn't exactly the person they were portraying? We're we watching a documentary or were those actually actors?! Also what a surprise... Woody. Another unexpected thing.
Fi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home