Monday, September 17, 2007

When are you going to have a baby? (17 of 30)

I never realized what an inappropriate question that is until it happened to me. Over and over again at, of all places, a baby shower. It seems like an innocent enough question, and for the most part it is. Except it's usually followed by, "come on, you guys have been married for a year now, let's get a move on." Um, thanks for the pep talk. I'm working on it, ok? Thanks for reminding me that it hasn't happened yet. But it's ok, I know people that are asking are doing so from a good place. It's because they care and are interested. And how could I find fault in that?

2 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Blogger Lanie said...

If I felt your pain anymore, we could be the same person. It gets worse as the years go on. Almost reaching 7 years, we now have people offering to give us children to raise. It's quite amusing at times that I have to laugh about it, but truly, I don't think I will ever make the mistake of asking someone that question again, now that I have been on the other side. Hang in there homeskillet. It will happen when it's supposed to happen, no sooner and no later. :) Love ya!

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Gina said...

Thanks Homey! I know it will happen when the time is right, and I can't wait for that. But until then, I will keep being in love and enjoying life:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home