Monday, September 10, 2007

It was painful to watch, but I couldn't look away (12 of 30)


Did you catch the train wreck that is Brit Brit attempting a come back? Ugh..it was bad. My sisters and I were so excited to see it all go down because we had faith in our girl. When it first started, and they flashed Brit, we all screamed like little kids at a New Kids concert (wow, I'm really aging myself huh?) But as the scene unfolded in front of us, we knew she would be raked over the coals for it.

The song is hot, there is no denying that. But the performance was shiteous. From the still bad extensions on her head to the barely there outfit that was too tight to the boots she could hardly move in to the "no-one's home" expression in her eyes. She looked dead inside and couldn't even muster one hair toss that could give me hope.


She lip synced the whole thing, which I expected. But when she couldn't even remember to sing over her own track, I have a hard time defending her. She just had this kind of dazed and empty look on her face and you could see that she wasn't feeling it. In fact, she looked like she wasn't feeling much of anything. It could have been a number of things. Drugs? Alcohol? Nerves?


She looked out of it, confused and unaware that she was on the MTV stage trying to make a come back. There were times that she was slow...behind the music and dancers and lyrics.


Gone are the days of her prancing around a snake around her neck, with the stomach that could bring a man to his knees and moves that made up for her average voice. No one ever claimed her as the best singer in the world. But as far as a performer....Brit could bring it. She commanded the stage and her energy could be felt in the last row.


But last night left everyone cold and unfortunately, not surprised. To be honest with you, I feel bad for her. The press is ripping her apart because she crashed and burned big time. I think she should have skipped performing live and just release the song with the video, which is hawt and is more "old" Britney.


Poor Brit, it seems like her come back wasn't what she had hoped. Maybe this will make her realize that her life is a mess and she needs some help to piece it back together. And when she does, I will support her by going to her first concert back. What can I say? I'm a sucker for a come back story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home