Thursday, August 30, 2007

Bring the beat back

American Idol gets you all sucked in. And I was rooting for Blake. He should have won, hands down. But I wasn't too worried because I knew he'd have no problem having a career in the music industry. Here's what's coming up for him:


American Idol 6 runner-up Blake Lewis has signed with Arista Records, and “[h]is debut album is slated for release later this year,” the AP reports.
Blake recently told Billboard that the album will be “your favorite ’80s mix tape, very inspired by Michael Jackson, Prince, Erasure, Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, the Cure. It’s all over the map, really — very influenced by ’80s hip-hop, old school breaks, whatever.”
“They’re letting me down the album I’ve always wanted to make,” he said. Blake has “written 11 of his own songs for the set,” and “he’s recorded eight songs so far, working with producers such as Sam Hollander, Mike Elizondo and J.R. Rotem, with bt working on another track,” Billboard reports.


I'm sure whatever he does will be great and I just hope that "you give love a bad na-na-na-naaaame" is on there.


By the way, Jordin (the winner of AI) just released her first single, and I have to say that it's nothing special or different or original. Bummer.

2 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WELCOME BACK! Been a busy summer eh? Best wifey ever ! love you HC

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Lanie said...

I second the "welcome back!" I missed my Gina Blog! So glad you are writing again!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home