Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Packin' my bags

I have some very exciting news!!!

(Erik, you may want to skip this blog post. I don't want your jealousy to come between us.)

I'm going to LONDON!

(I'm sorry Erik, don't hate me.)

Woo hooooooooooooooo!

I can't wait to go and see all my family and show Matty where I grew up. It's going to be totoally amazing. I don't know how I will contain myself for the next 4 months. Hopefully the time flies by and all of a sudden it will be the night before and I will be like "oh, crap! I can't believe we're leaving for London tomorrow! I haven't even packed!"

Well, ok, maybe not that fast, but you get my gist.

I need to get my paperwork in order! Since I'm married now, I have to file for a name change which means getting a new passport. That shouldn't be too much trouble. The one thing I'm dreading is changing over my green card. (Yes, I have a green card people, get over it.) (And no, it's not really green, it's actually pink.) They said it could take 6 months, and um, well, I only have 4. Let's hope it's all smooth sailing.

You'd think that I wouldn't have to worry about that since I married an American, but no, I still have to follow the strict guidelines of the immagration service. I have lived in Orange County since I was 10 years old, but unless I take a couple of tests and fill out a ton of paperwork, I'm still just a permanent resident. Why don't I just take the tests and fill out the paperwork? Because the test is all history, geography, Presidents and state capitals. Not exactly my strong suit.

The downside to not being a US citizen is that I can't vote.

But the upside is that I never have to do jury duty. Ever. Ever ever.

I will get everything in order and have all my proper documents by May. And then I'm "leeeeaving...on a jet plane...." and it's going to be totally awesome.

I'm doing my happy dance right now. London baby!!!

6 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger Erik said...

I.

Am.

SO.

JEALOUS.

I.

Can't.

Breathe!

(but you are going to have an amazing time!)

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Gina said...

I'm sorry Erik....

Why don't you come with me? Maybe i can take you as my carry on?

 
At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you.
I can't wait to see the pictures!
Bon Voyage!! Bring back a souvineer! ; )
Love you,
Fi

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger Gina said...

I'm so excited too! Wish you were going. And a souviner would be nice....along with a "made in london" onsie;) Eh Oh!!!!

 
At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gina! I am so excited for you! You guys will have a blast! I will totally help you do the "history test" thing. We can lay on your bedroom floor, make flashcards, and create a drum beat to help you study the questions. Then when you pass, we can party like rockstars! You name it and I am there for you! :)

Lanie

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Gina said...

Lanie-I totally remember our drum beat studying during summer school. It totally made me ace my US Presidents test! That was an awesome summer!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home