Monday, October 30, 2006

Say it aint so!!!

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but Ryan Phillippe, 32, and Reese Witherspoon, 30, have separated.

I know, I'm bummed out too. I thought they had a real shot.

"We are saddened to announce that Reese and Ryan have decided to formally separate," the couple's rep said in a statement released today. "They remain committed to their family and we ask that you please respect their privacy and the safety of their children at this time. "

The couple of seven years have two children, Ava, 7, and Deacon, 3.

No one specific event is said to have triggered the split. A source says that the decision to separate was “cumulative.” The couple have admitted to attending marriage counseling in the past.

"We're still trying to figure out the mystery of marriage," Witherspoon told In Style magazine in 2004. "It isn't one happy joy-ride, and I so admire couples who've been together forever. Ryan and I were practically babies when we met, and then we were having babies. But we've matured a lot. I've become less judgmental and more understanding. He helps me find the good in people and the best parts of myself, and we've really discovered balance."

Divorce papers have not yet been filed.

This is really dissapointing. Why can't Hollywood marriages stay together longer than 10 years?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home