Friday, October 27, 2006

Newsted Down


It seems those Supernova boys are running into obstacle after obstacle.

Their newest (and most severe one) is that Jason Newsted has been injured and won't be on the tour.

Billboard reports: "Rock Star Supernova bassist Jason Newsted has suffered a major shoulder injury and will be out of commission for up to nine months, according to a spokesperson. Newsted will require immediate surgery after tearing his left bicep and rotator cuff while trying to catch a bass that had fallen off an amplifier. "

Holy crap. That sounds painful.

"When we started this project, I was handed a list of names -- guys who could potentially anchor our rhythm section," Lee says in a statement. "I responded by crumpling up the paper and asking, 'Where's Newsted?' Jason was always the right guy for this band and we'll miss having him with us as we kick off our album and tour, but we know he'll be back as soon as he can pick up and play."

"For his part, Newsted said, 'I’m freaking out, my heart was set on finally getting on the road with these guys but my main focus now is to build myself back to 100 percent. The stage is set for the band, I wish them the best of luck.”

We wish you speedy recovery Jas!

1 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger Erik said...

I feel bad for Jason! He's a good guy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home