Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The One

Throughout my mindless ramblings and chatter on my blog, I sometimes mention a few male celebrities here and there that I think are, well, exceptionally good looking.

It has occurred to me that if you read my blog (um, I don't honestly believe any one does, so I guess by saying "you" what I'm doing is making me feel like there's actually people who go "oh, she's talking to me.") (ok, yes. It's weird. But it makes me feel better about myself and pretend that someone does in fact read my blog.) (Stop Judging me.) you may be thinking "She's engaged to be married and she's going on about Jared Leto and his hotness? That's shameful! What about her fiance?" Well concerned reader, you're absolutely right.

Let me tell you a little something about this man. He's smart, considerate, fun and makes me laugh every time we're together. That's huge for me. About 5 years ago I made a list of all the qualities I would want in my perfect guy. Yes, that's totally cheesy, but it had it's own purpose that I won't go into right now. Anyway, I started my list with a couple key characteristics, then a few more, then a few more...and all of a sudden I had 4 pages of things that I would want my perfect guy to posses. I read through it and realized that I had put "makes me laugh" and "has a sense of humor" and "doesn't take life too seriously." Humor was on my list about 12 times. And Matt definitely has that quality. And it's not that cheesy "knock knock" kind of humor, it's a dry, sarcastic humor that i just love. As it turns out that my friend Matty, the same one I have known since I was in junior high, has a lot of the qualities on that list.


I have been in plenty of relationships before and they have always been fun and whatever else. But never have they actually made me feel fulfilled. Think about the true meaning of that word. fulfilled. It's like Satisfied. You know when it's lunch time and you are totally craving something but you just can't put your finger on it? So you have a corndog, and you think "that was pretty good, but I'm still hungry." Or sometimes you go out on a limb and try something kinda out there like Haggis and once you're done you think "man, that wasn't good. I knew it wouldn't be, so why didn't I just trust my instincts?"

Well, Matt is my chicken teriyaki sandwich with onions straws from Red Robin. Just like the sandwich, Matty has been in my life for a very long time. The sandwich is something that I can always count on. It's dependable because I know that it will always be there for me. It's consistent and smart and knows how to treat a woman. It's a great cook and always so thoughtful of others. It's romantic but also a mans man. It's honest and supportive and I feel safe when it's next to me. It's so different from me, but yet exactly the same. It has sexy tattoos and great hair. And it's the best kisser ever....um...are we still talking about the sandwich here? Well, you get the point. (I hope.) What I'm trying to say is that Matt really is the one. And I can't wait to become his wife. (or french fries with thousand island dressing, because that's what goes perfectly with the sandwich!)

4 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I cried. I cried, because it's so true. No fluf writing there. ILYFR!!

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Gina said...

aw, thanks Fifo. Did you know that in high school, Asher used to call me Fluf?

 
At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I did not know that. Was it in reference to your love for the band? I think it might be a good topic for today's blog session. FLUF.
By the way, what are HTML tags?

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Gina said...

The Fluf ref. actually had two meanings. One was b/c i liked the band (they played in our quad during lunch!) and the other was because of my hair. Kind of fitting huh?

And here's the answer to your question:
HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language. A "markup language" is a computer language that describes how a page should be formatted. If all you want to do is display a long string of black and white text with no formatting, then you don't need HTML. But if you want to change fonts, add colors, create headlines and embed graphics in your page, HTML is the language you use to do it.

I have no idea what that means, but there you go:) See you Saturday!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home