Thursday, March 27, 2008

Don't count him out


My homeskillet Lanie is a huge HUGE huge Counting Crows fan, so this is for her.

Lead singer and object of Lanie's affection, Adam Duritz, has been touring the world and selling out shows to adoring fans for a very long time. He wows his audiences with heart felt lyrics and raw talent and puts himself out there for all to see. But something he has kept under wraps, until now, is his battle with severe depression.

In a new article in People Magazine, he opens up and explains what he's been going through.

'I've been dealing with mental illness,' Duritz, 43, says. 'But I didn't want to say anything for a long time. I went crazy. It was scary.'

After years of not knowing exactly what was wrong with him, he recently found a doctor who diagnosed him with a disassociative disorder, which can distort reality for those who have it.

'Being crazy is bad," he says. 'It's scary when the world isn't real to you. You come untethered. Everything seems imaginary. You look around the room and nothing seems real. You don't feel pain. I stopped letting myself feel.'

Read all about it here, plus lots of info on the upcoming double album, "Saturday Nights & Sunday Mornings" which was inspired from his ups and downs during this painful time.

4 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger Lanie said...

Homeskillet!! Thanks you so much for posting this! I knew that he was struggling with some demons, but I am glad that he finally came out and talked about his mental Illness! He is so awesome I just want to wrap him up and take him home! Do you think if would be a conflict of interest if I saw him for therapy?? LOL

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Gina said...

I think you could counsel him in your own special way lol!!! They are going to be touring with Maroon 5! Dang Dang! We have to go!

 
At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey baby- He pointed out on Howard that he is not in fact depressed but crazy and on a cabinet full of meds daily.. But dealing with it. Great interview.. Lanie needs Sirus.. love you BBB

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Lanie said...

I totally want to go!! They are playing at Verizon on Sept 12th! The only catch is that I believe that night is with Augustana and not M5. Would you still be interested in going? I am considering getting myself some tickets!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home