Friday, January 18, 2008

Mayer speaks out


John Mayer wrote this post on his blog about the recent publicity surrounding his ex girlfriend, Jessica Simpson and her new man, Tony Romo:

Dear Dallas and Surrounding Areas,
This isn’t a sports blog, and it isn’t a publicity stunt. (but have at me if it feels right.)
This is about doing what I think is right as a person, in this case speaking my mind.
I have never known anyone to have more pride in their home state and their upbringing in it than Jessica Simpson has in Texas. I don’t really follow sports, but I have played some of my biggest and best concerts in your state, and having witnessed how dynamic the spirit there is, I’m betting emotions are running high right about now.


All witty barbs, blogs, and fashion policing aside, that girl loves Texas more than you know. It’s one of her most defining traits as a person. So please don’t try and take that away from her. (You probably wouldn’t be able to, but it’s less work for all involved.)

I just thought it would mean something coming from the guy who has the absolute least to gain from this. And if I’m out of line in having written it, too bad. I can spare a Wednesday’s worth of bad press if it means sticking up for a good soul.


Wow, nice one John. That's really nice of him. I guess their relationship didn't end in a messy way because he obviously still thinks the Jessica is a good and decent person. What a gentleman!

2 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is way cool that John came out to say nice things about Jessica. I can respect that.
At the same time, I'd be pretty upset if my football team's quarterback was out partying during the season. The season is focus time and those fans are die hard. Quarterbacks make way too much money and should keep thier head in the game the whole season. The season ain't that long (Seriously, not long enough!!). ;) So I can see the frustration. Of course that's not Jessica's fault. And it's no reason to bash someone. Alright I'm done. I'll get down now.
Love ya! Thanks for the John Mayer words. Love to hear from him!
Fi

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Gina said...

you make a very good point Fi. The word on street is that TO paid for that vacation, and Jessica's Dad leaked the location to the press. I feel bad for Jess, getting a bad rap. That poor girl is just trying to live a normal life. It's up to Romo to decide where he spends his time pre game, and maybe Cabo wasn't the best choice. But the Cowboys still totally rule, and they will be back next year to show everyone who's boss!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home