Friday, January 18, 2008

Down the rabbit hole


The 44-year-old actor says he would make a superb lead in Burton’s forthcoming new version of Alice in Wonderland. “I’d like to have a go at it, if Tim lets me,” he told me. “I could be the first male Alice. It would certainly give it a surreal edge.”

Johnny can do anything. The movie sounds cool, and if he's in it, it will be a huge success.

And he is a generous guy too! He donated $500,000 to the hospital that saved his daughter’s life. He arrived unexpectedly at the London children’s hospital where eight-year-old Lily-Rose was treated last year when her kidneys failed. And if that wasn’t enough of a thank you, he also invited five of the doctors and nurses to the party for the London premiere of his film Sweeney Todd.

Being the great person that he is, Depp also spent four hours at the hospital telling bedtime stories to patients dressed as Captain Jack Sparrow after having his Pirates Of The Caribbean costume flown over from Los Angeles.

Wow! What a guy! I heart Johnny!

3 Comments:

At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Totally cool.
Do you think he'd come and do bedtime story duty for me? Sweet!
I can't wait to see Tim Burton's Alice. But I'd rather see Johnny as the white rabbit or the cheshire cat than Alice. That's funny. Johnny rocks.
Fi

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Gina said...

omg, as the rabbit would be amazing! Good call on that casting Fi!

 
At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey-I heard this great story about Johnny Depp... o yeah you dont say? it was on your blog... oops my bad.. hey hey love you baby...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home