Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Boys Night

The boys were up first last night on American Idol, and I have to be honest, they didn't really impress me. I know they were nervous and everything, but they were kind of boring and forgettable.

Well, most of them.

These are my favorites so far:

Chris Richardson, 22 years old.
He reminded me of Justin Timberlake meets Jason Mraz and I was digging it. I checked out his profile, and it lists the same two guys as his favorites, so I guess he's going for that type of sound.

Other musician's he counts as his favorites are James Brown and Michael Jackson.

I dug his performance and just felt like he was a great presence on stage.

And it doesn't hurt that he's pretty adorable too.


Blake Lewis, 25 years old.

This is the beat boxing guy, and too be honest, that's all I really remembered about him. That is until he sang last night. I was totally impressed and loved his performance.

His voice totally reminded me of Adam Levine from Maroon 5. I checked out his profile, and guess what? He lists M5 as one of his favorite bands (man I'm good!) along with Jamaroqui, U2, Gnarls Barkley, Michael Jackson, Prince, Sting, Bjork, Fiona Apple, Jill Scott, Tori Amos, Ella Fitzgerald and Sade.

I'm totally digging his style and love the way he dresses. Another cutie that can rock it.

Chris Sligh, 28 years old.
I like Chris. I think he's got a great personality and sounds great when he sings. I don't think he had the best performance of the night, but I think he was really nervous.

Did you know he was married?

When asked "what would people be surprised to learn about you?" he responds with "I'm chubby."

Come on, that's funny!

When asked "do you have any lucky charms?" he said "Yes, they’re magically delicious."

Am I the only one laughing here?

He lists some of his favorite artists as Freddie Mercury, Ben Folds, Adam Duritz, Paul McCartney, Sheryl Crow, Imogen Heap and Fiona Apple.

Phil Stacey, 29
Phil started off a little on the shaky side, but he totally pulled it off by the end of the song.

I could have done without all the camera shots of his wife looking lovingly at him with her mouth open. Kinda was a little distracting.

Some of his favorite vocalists are Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, Prince, Sting, Michael Jackson, Timberlake, Robbie Williams, James Taylor, of course, Sir Paul McCartney, Sheryl Crow, Anastasia, and Paula Abdul.

Oh please, Paul hasn't put out an album in many many years. Don't kiss ass. It's annoying and make you look desperate.


I think he's got potential to really rip it up on stage, once he gets over his nerves.

Oh, and I think if he grew some hair, more people would vote for him. His eyebrows are way to big and bushy to have a bald head.

Who are your favorites?

1 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like your pics. They are my top four. Did not know you were going for Blake (my fave so far) and baldy. It's his eyebrows! I was wondering what was so odd about him having a bald head, b/c I have nothing against bald men. Often makes men more attractive. But on him, weird. It's his eyebrows! And his make up last night was HORRIBLE. Ok, so these things are not his fault!! He needs a better groomer and someone to be honest with him!
And Blake rocks. He's been singing his arse off, but the editors having been showing most of the BBing. That foursome performance with him during Hollywood week was awesome!
Go guys!
Love you, Fi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home