Tuesday, December 12, 2006

You Suck. Or do you?

Blender Magazine has listed the "50 Worst Artists in Music History."

Some of their choices are good ones, like picking Manowar and Yanni.

But some of their choices are not researched, and in my opionon, should not be on that list.

Gypsey Kings are number 45.

Really? I love the Gypsey Kings.

My parents love them. My whole family love them. We play them at every party. Chances are, if you've ever been to a bar-b-que, Easter, Christmas, New Years or Birthday celebration at my parents house, you heard Gypsey Kings "Bambalao" at least twice. If you were at my wedding, you definitly heard it then.

They're a great band and shouldn't be on this list.

Blender lists Blind Melon at number 40.

Ok, I know everyone only knows the one song with the girl in the bumble bee costume. But trust me, they had a lot more to offer. I only had one cd (and yes, it was the one with the song that has the girl in the bumble costume) but I loved that cd because their music was diverse and fun and dark and sad and happy and somber. Just depends what track you were listning to.

Live is listed at number 34.

Are you kidding me right now? Who wrote this list?

Live is an incredible band. Their music is really well written and broke never followed the mainstream movement during their time. I've seen them in concert when I was working at House of Blues, and they were, by far, one of the best live (no pun intended) shows I've even seen.

Number 25 is Jamiroquai.

What the F man?

This is one of those bands that people overlook because they are generally a happy band that plays happy music. They are infectious and feel good and that's ok.

I saw him in concert at the Palladium back in 1996 and it was the only show I have ever been to where every single person was jumping up and down dancing from start to finish. (Remember Matt?)

I highly recommend "Traveling without moving." I played that CD a million times, and loved it every time.

There are a few othere, that in my opinion, shouldn't be there. Take a look for yourself and let me know what you think.

4 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am with you on this. And I can vouch for Blind Melon (I had all their cds) and definitely Live. I don't get it. Evs!!
Love you, Fi

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Gina said...

thanks for backing me up on this AC!

 
At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I just read this (sorry a little late) But, WTF is right! Iron Butterfly? Did they not invent the 17 minute song? Hello, Inna Godda vita baby? The Doors? Arrested Development, Creed? Howard "freaking" Jones? And what about Air Supply and Lee Greenwood? I freaking grew up on Dan FogelberG. Did they go through my album collection or what? I am totally with you on "Live" and "Jamiroquai." I have the "return of the space cowboy" album. Love it! Who wrote this list? I think we should make our own! Thanks for letting me vent! :)

 
At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Jamiroquai show for sure CC -fun and carefree music...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home