Thursday, October 05, 2006

It's broken


I love me some Travis Barker. Not only is he easy on the eyes, but he's incredible talented, smart and loves his family. Even if his wife is the laziest woman on earth and things are now bad between them, he still wants to put his kids first.

I remember this one night when Fiona, Claudia and I hung out with him several years ago. We were on the patio at a club minding our own business, and all of a sudden we're hanging out like we've been friends our entire lives. He actually know's Shane's sister, so we had that in common too.

We shared our smokes and chatted away while all the other girls in the club were trying to invade our little space. We were like "back off skanks!" He was pretty shy and low key and of course wanted to marry all three of us, but we were taken at the time.

Anyway, the band, co-founded with former Blink 182 bandmate Mark Hoppus, released this statement:

"+44 drummer Travis Barker broke his arm while shooting the band's video for the title track, 'When Your Heart Stops Beating.' The injury was exacerbated after playing 7 shows during their European promo tour. Per doctors orders Travis is to remain off his right arm for 8 weeks.'

Ouchies!!! Poor Trav!
Well, now it seems there's more bad news. Travis posted the following on his myspace blog:

Thursday, October 05, 2006

NEVER DID NOTHING IN LIFE BUT STAY TRUE...
Current mood:anxious
SO AS OF NOW I WONT BE PLAYING ON SATURDAY WITH AM OR ANY OF THE UPCOMING +44 SHOWS. I HAD THE WORST PAIN IN MY ARM THE DAY AFTER WE FILMED OUR VIDEO AND I REALLY THOUGHT NOTHING OF IT. WE PLAYED FOR 8 HRS LIKE I USUALLY DO BUT I GUESS THIS TIME WAS DIFFERENT. I THEN PLAYED OUR ENTIRE EUROPEAN LEG OF OUR PROMO TOUR IN THE WORST PAIN I'VE EXPERIENCED EVER.


I GOT X-RAYS IN LONDON BY AN URGENT CARE DOCTOR THAT SAID HE COULDNT DETERMINE WHAT EXACTLY HAD HAPPENED.

WHEN I GOT BACK TO LA I SAW ANOTHER DOCTOR AND HAD EVERY TEST POSSIBLE TO SEE WHAT WAS GOING ON IN MY ARM. THE MRI/X-RAY SHOWED I'D BEEN PLAYING WITH A BROKEN ARM FOR 3 WEEKS AND OR POSSIBLE TUMOR IN MY ARM.

IM AT A LOSS OF WORDS, JUST TAKING EVERYTHING ONE DAY AT A TIME. I'VE BEEN TOLD TO EAT MEAT AND CHANGE MY DIET(IVE BEEN VEGETARIAN FOR 16 YEARS) CAUSE ITS MAKING MY BONES WEAK.

I NEVER THOUGHT I'D BREAK A BONE FROM PLAYING MY DRUMS TOO HARD/ TOO LONG...EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON. I'M GONNA SPEND THE NEXT 6 WEEKS WITH MY BABIES AND PRODUCING....SEE YOU @ A SHOW SOON.

PS- IM ATTEMPTING TO LEARN THE SET WITH ONE ARM FOR +44 SHOWS SO DON'T COUNT ME OUT YET....I TRY FOR THE FIRST TIME TONIGHT:) "

I hope you feel better Travis! Let me know if there's anything I can do.
Oh, and the whole weak bones from being a vegetarian....are you listening to this Lanie? Just a thought..

2 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vegatarians actually have stronger bones! Poor Travis! He's just being fed a lot of propaganda!

Lanie

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Gina said...

I figured you'd be able to set the record straight:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home