Thursday, August 04, 2005

We love Steve!


When it comes to picking a photographer for the wedding, I am slightly obsessed. This is one of the most important days of our lives. I have to trust and believe in the person that will be responsible for capturing it all. I have looked at about 45 different photographers on line, checking out their work, reading feedback from happy brides and grooms, making sure they are members of "Wedding and Portrait Photographers International."

Out of those 45, I narrowed it down to about 15. I emailed all 15 and asked for direct references and samples of their work. I talked to them to get a sense of their demeanor. I kept an eye on how long it took them to get back to me. If they are flaky at returning an email or phone call, how could I depend on them on the big day?

From the 15 I finally chose 5 to meet in person. My awesome Mom went with me to these appointments and helped me with the whole process. We met some great people and wonderful talents.

On July 30th, we went and met with Steve Hoffman of Hoffman Photography. http://www.hoffmannphotographer.com/ Within about 5 mins of us being there, we knew he was the one. He was very talented and had a great eye for things that made the shot a bit different. His manner was extremely calming and he really put us at ease.

After our meeting, my Mom and I got in the car and knew he was the one! My Dad thought it would be a good idea to have a photographer at the engagement party, so we booked him for that and the wedding!

That's one more thing checked off our list!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home