Tuesday, January 22, 2008

**UPDATE**

The New York Times has a little more information on the sudden death of Heath Ledger:
The actor Heath Ledger was found dead this afternoon in an apartment in Manhattan inhabited by the actress Mary-Kate Olsen, according to the New York City police.

Signs pointed to a suicide, police sources said. Mr. Ledger was 28.

At 3:31 p.m., a masseuse arrived at Apartment 5A in the building, at 421 Broome Street in SoHo, for an appointment with Mr. Ledger, the police said. The masseuse was let in to the home by a housekeeper, who then knocked on the door of the bedroom Mr. Ledger was in. When no one answered, the housekeeper and the masseuse opened the bedroom and found Mr. Ledger naked and unconscious on a bed, with pills scattered around his body. They shook him, but he did not respond. They immediately called the authorities.

The police said they did not suspect foul play. Officials said they believed Ms. Olsen, 21, was in California and said it was not clear how long or why Mr. Ledger had been in her apartment.

Wow, this is just sad. He's leaving behind his little 2 year old daughter Matilda, that he had with Michelle Williams. What a waste, to die at such a young age. I'm still in such shock!

1 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so upset by this. I'm not sure why. But I feel upset about this. It's so sad that these people have no one to tell them no. It's so easy to get wrapped up in bad stuff, and I am so thankful for the friends I have that look out for me. Can't imagine what it'd be like if everyone wanted to party with me. It reminds me of River Phoenix. There were reports that someone laughed while he suffered in the street. No one believes it'll happen to a celebrity.
I'm not sure if it's true but I heard that Olsen's rep is denying that it was her apartment and that she is at Sundance. It'll be sad if it is her place and she can't fess up (be honest) and then give a message of support or grief.
Thank you for the details. I knew I could count on you. ;)
Love you,
Fi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home