Thursday, November 08, 2007

Feel the sun shine


The work in a new home is never done. The excitement still hasn't worn off from being home owners for the first time. Every time I walk up to the front door, I feel so lucky and fortunate that this house is ours. And not only that, but for getting everything that was on our wish list from the beginning. Costa Mesa? Check. Small complex of units? Check. Two story with attached garage and good size yard? Check. Two bedrooms/two and a half bathrooms? Check. How did this happen? I will try not to question, and instead just embrace. And the best part of this whole thing? I am sharing it with my husband, the love of my life. The guy who has known me for over half my life and loves me anyway. The guy that can make burst out laughing while I'm trying to be mad at him. The guy that makes me feel protected and safe and beautiful and loved.

Fixing up the house is something that can be stressful but oh so rewarding. We did some things before moving in, like painting every wall and ceiling in the place. It's amazing what a coat of paint can do to a space. It's like night and day. There are some other projects in the works that will make our home even more kick ass!
I told you all about our curtain debacle, and that was so much more frustrating than I ever thought. But we're almost done with it. I finally found curtains that we love, and my Mom found a lady that can do all the alterations (ie: take four curtains and sew two pairs together making two really long curtains) for a great price. I went with my Mom last weekend and bought liner and trim and now they just have to be put together. That's a big, huge, gigantic line through that "to do" item.
One thing I'm super stoked on is the front entrance. It's the first thing you see when you come into the house, so it has to make an impression. There has to be some wow factor there. I have a very vivid picture in my mind of the vibe and the look and it's been fun trying to bring that into reality. One piece that I have been searching all over for it a sunburst mirror. They're harder to find than one might think. I have literally been looking for months. They're either too small, too big, too thin, too thick, too nautical, too 70's, too too too......
Well, I'm ecstatic to tell you that the wait is over! My Mom (who's the queen at finding little hidden stores and on line retailers that have exactly what you want) found our perfect mirror. It's more than we were wanting to spend originally, but this baby is sooo worth it. It's the right size (39.5') the right color (gold) and the right vibe for our home. It's the first thing peeps are going to see when they walk thought the front door and will set the mood for the rest of the house. Oh, I'm practically drooling over here just thinking about it. I just ordered it and it will be here in two weeks. I hope and pray that it will look as fierce in real life as it does on line.
I'll keep you posted!

2 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wouldn't have it any other way MM...lymhc!

 
At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on everything!
So... how about a picture of the mirror?! I'm dying to see it!
Love you,
Fi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home