Tuesday, January 09, 2007

One down, many more to go

So I had my session with my trainer yesterday.

Ugh.

It's hard to get motivated when you have been sitting at your desk since 7:30am and you're leaving the office at 5:00pm and it's already dark outside.

But I did it. I followed through.

It was actually pretty cool. He had me run on the treadmill, do push ups, run up and down stairs with my hands behind my back, do arm curls with weights on one foot among other things.

I have horrible balance when trying to stand on one foot, and I never knew why. It turns out the my right foot tends to lean right instead of being directly in front of me.

I was horribly out of breath after this one exercise of jumping while switching off my feet on a step. 20 reps were ok. Then 40 and I was feeling a little winded. Then 30 and I was ready to pass out. I had to sit for a couple of minutes to get the air back into my lungs.

I asked Carols if I was a trainwreck.

He said that I'm not as bad as I think, and for being our first session, it's pretty good. He also asked if I took dance because I am apparently quite flexible. Thank you 2 years of tap!

I was tired much earlier last night. Usually it's 11:00pm before I start feeling my eyelids getting heavy, but by 9:30pm, I was ready to climb into bed with Matty, watch "how I met your mother" and crash out.

Wasn't feeling very sore this morning, but right around 1:35pm today, I started to feel the burn. Me likey.

Next session is Thursday at 6:00pm.

Baby steps...

3 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can do it Homeskillet! You can do anything that you put your mind to! :)

Lanie

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Gina said...

Thanks for the encouragement Lanie!!!

 
At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Gi! Go Gi! Go Gi!
You inspire me!
Keep us posted!
Love you, Fi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home