Monday, January 08, 2007

I'm going to give it the old college try

I have tried to ignore the extra weight and additional chin that has been peeking out in recent photos. But I can only be in denial for so long.

It's a new year, so it's time for a new me. And yes, it's so cliche to go on a diet the first of the year, but I'm not going on a diet. I'm just going to try and eat healthier and get some exercise. So I'm not being cliche. Or am I? Do you see denial being a pattern here?

I'm excited but also nervous. I sit behind a desk for 9 hours a day and have had a steady diet of eating things that are quick and can usually be served from my car.

Am I going to pass out on the treadmill? Is my trainer going to point and laugh when I start huffing and puffing after only 5 push ups? Or will it be a good experience? I'm hoping it will be good. I think it will be good.

I have always wanted a personal trainer, but could never afford one. Not that I can afford one now, except he's giving me a pretty good price per session.

I'll try it out for a month and see how I feel.

It's an investment into myself, that for me, is the hardest part. But I'll give it a shot. Why not. I have been trying to eat healthier and skip all the fast food that I love so much. So far, so good. I think if I have these personal training sessions twice a week, it will help me stay more focused.

I have tried this a million times before, but maybe this time it will stick.

I can only hope.

Baby steps this time, instead of feeling overwhelmed.

First goal is to lose 15lbs.

Wish me luck!!!

3 Comments:

At 7:07 PM, Blogger Erik said...

Good luck! Baby steps is a good way of looking at it. I'm trying to eat healthier too, I need to get my cholesteral down. We can do it together.

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Gina said...

Thanks for the support Erik. My weakness is french fries and soda. I have cut waaay back and am trying to drink eight glasses of water a day. I'm close, at about 6. What are you trying to cut back on?

 
At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you can do it!! Get it baby!!
love,
~Moe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home